Premed 101 Forums

Decisions have been made folks

Guest Crazypremed

Guest Crazypremed

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that my contact on the ad com has informed me that the selection process is finished and that we should be hearing from them soon. So don't worry guys, this wait shouldn't be much longer:D !!!

crazypremed

Guest fever meds

Is early admission selection is finished or the WHOLE selection is finished?

(I am assuming only early admission as full selection needs final transcripts due May 15?)

Anyways nice to hear SOMETHING is moving....lol my parents were starting to bet against me for early admission as I thought they were mailed out monday...

(although obviously I would be thrilled on any admission!)

Guest Crazypremed

Hi sorry I wasn't clear enough. I meant that early admissions has finished. Yeah, it's nice to hear that things are really starting to move :) .

crazypremed

Guest mosquitoba

interesting..crazy you seem to have contacts at quite a few schools.

i think that ALL acceptances are conditional until the U of M receives our final transcripts - for those of us that do not attend the U of M our transcripts must be held until they state "graduated" or at least until they contain info about the latest term. i know my school won't have those ready until the end of may, so keep in mind that there is a JUNE 30 DEADLINE for the receipt of final transcripts; the may 15 deadline is just for inclusion in the aGPA.

cheers

mosquitoba

Guest jackiedirks

All of the decisions have not been made- I had a friend who interviewed today. She had special circumstances as to why she could not interview in the normal timeframe. Anyway- nothing is set in stone like that.

Good luck!

Guest Don Corleone

How is everyone handling the wait so far? Personally, i'm practically going insane waiting!

Apparently Dr. Aoki signed the official early acceptances yesterday afternoon. Early acceptance offers should be in the mail. For any in-prov applicants, this means we'd probably receive something by Monday. Good luck everyone!

P.S. Hey Dave :)

DC

Guest fever meds

wait? crazy.

how do you know aoki signed them? I am starting to wonder if they'd even do early admission.....

it feels like ordering something online. when you check everyday nothing happens...maybe we should be more relaxed about it... no wait that's not fun!

Guest MedBound786

Hey Guys;

If there are any doubts about the early admission offers then you should erase them 'cuz I actually called Beth Jennings a couple of days ago and apparently she was out of her office but her answering machine said that ".....early admission letters will be mailed out on May 4th". This message was obviously directed towards those who were calling in to inquire about early admissions.

So there you have it........the letters are on their way I guess and will be greeting the few lucky ones with their new found Fortune in just a few days.

Sit Tight Folks.......won't be too long now !........(I hope)....:hat

Archived