Premed 101 Forums

UMSU scholarships

Guest BlackNeon

Guest BlackNeon

Hi,

I just received an UMSU scholarship in the mail today and I'm wondering whether or not it can be used toward tuition for med school?

The scholarship is given to people based on their GPA in the Faculty of Science (and everywhere else I'm presuming since the scholarships are funded by tuition).

On a side note.. where is everyone? Too busy travelling or partying while you still can? :)

Our Manitoba forum needs some activity!

Guest dhowser

Hey BlackNeon, great to hear it! I asked Christie about that a couple of days ago and she assumed it got credited directly to the tuition however, I recently received my tuition form and nothing was on it. I am in the process of inquiring about it some more, but it's probably the case that it just has not gone through in the system yet!

Cheers, congrats again and see you in august!

dhowser

Guest sweetstuff25

i'm pretty sure that the scholarship can me used for med. you might wanna confirm it with the faculty of science to learn more bout it. 474-8256. just curious, what kind of gpa do you need to recieve a science scholarship? do you have to apply for the scholarship? do you have to graduate? thx.

Guest BlackNeon

Thanks guys,

Haven't looked into yet, but I work at HSC so maybe I'll just stop by.

To Sweet,

The scholarship is from UMSU, and the money comes from a portion of tuition that everyone pays. To the best of my knowledge, all faculties have the same UMSU scholarships.

I've been receiving these scholarships in the mail for the past 3 years, so you don't have to be graduating nor apply. The letter that came with it said something about top 4 percentile in the faculty. So it's based solely on your GPA and those in the faculty.

The scholarship isn't all that much, but every little bit helps.

Cheers.

Archived