Premed 101 Forums

5Th Year Or Graduate And Take A Non-Degree Year At Yorku?

Hi all,

Some background information:

- 4th year nursing student

- Need to go back for at least 1 more year of UG to complete pre-requisites for US schools

- If I took the non-degree year I'd like to take it at YorkU as it is closer to me than my home institution AND and an A (80%) = 4.0 on AMCAS

- Have already taken Gchem 1 and 2 and Bio 1

Essentially my question is whether or not schools consider a Non-degree year at a different institution differently from a 5th year? Does it matter?

Also - I'd like to take Bio 2 this summer but my home institution does not offer it unfortunately, however YorkU does. Will it be problematic/confusing for the schools I apply to for me to have taken Bio 1 and Bio 2 at different institutions?

Hi all,

Some background information:

- 4th year nursing student

- Need to go back for at least 1 more year of UG to complete pre-requisites for US schools

- If I took the non-degree year I'd like to take it at YorkU as it is closer to me than my home institution AND and an A (80%) = 4.0 on AMCAS

- Have already taken Gchem 1 and 2 and Bio 1

Essentially my question is whether or not schools consider a Non-degree year at a different institution differently from a 5th year? Does it matter?

Also - I'd like to take Bio 2 this summer but my home institution does not offer it unfortunately, however YorkU does. Will it be problematic/confusing for the schools I apply to for me to have taken Bio 1 and Bio 2 at different institutions?

It might matter for calculation of cGPA. I did something similar to this. Went to another institute other than my degree-granting institute to finish off some prereqs for US schools. But if the point is to get the necessary prereqs, it doesn't matter.

Archived