Premed 101 Forums

To all those in Ottawa...

Guest steve

Guest steve

Hey all,

Got the thin envelope in Ottawa this morning! It's really too bad that Mac decided not to include the percentiles as I was hoping to get some sort of insight as to where I stood in the pile, but alas, no such luck. It's weird how you prepare youself for the worst, but when the worst happens, you're still unprepared! To all the fellow applicants, I hope you get a nice brown envelope in the mail today or tomorrow. To all of those that have been turned away, looks like we might be at the drawing board again next year together!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone (both in getting interviews and in succeeding at the interview!)

Steve

Guest macdaddyeh

Hang in there Steve. Thanks for sharing in the collective mourning for those who received their rejection letters. I wish you the best over the next few months. Take it easy:)

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Hey Steve,

sorry to hear about your rejection. I am very impressed with your attitude though, and your well wishes for all of the other applicants. This really says a lot about your character :)

Best of luck next year with Mac, or with other schools this year.

~JZ

Guest tappety tap

Steve...you're definitely NOT alone...I got "thinveloped" in Ottawa today as well! :\

Very disappointing of course...but this is all part of the "game"! Hmm...thinking of it as a game makes it seem less severe somehow. :rolleyes

Anyways, good luck to all the people still waiting and for the people that got interviews...wow, you guys should be sooooooo proud!

Guest FrenchyMed

Hi Steve and tappety tap,

sorry to hear for Mac. Hopefully, you have interviews elsewhere. What about Ottawa U?

I also live in Ottawa and have not heard anything. I'm hoping that's a good thing. I'm thinking of leaving work early tomorrow to find out if I get any mail then...

This is my first time applying to Med school. I have an interview in Ottawa (French) in April. I'm hoping that the stress levels go down between the interviews and June. I don't think I can stand this waiting and wondering until then!!! :x

Hang in there guys!

FrenchyMed

Guest mumfirst

Steve & tappety tap,

Sorry to hear that the Ottawa posties did not bring better news today. I know it feels like a punch in the gut.

Guest martyb

I'm very sorry to hear about the thinveloping, Steve and tappety tap. I just had the same experience this morning. Ottawa's record isn't looking very good...hopefully you'll be able to represent our fair city in Hamilton, FrenchyMed. I've only applied to Ottawa and Mac, and still don't know about Ottawa.

Good luck with other interviews or with next year's applications.

martyb

Guest FrenchyMed

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint the Ottawa crowd.

I guess Mac has something against us...

Got thinveloped today.

On the bright side, Ottawa U was my first choice and I got an interview there.

The pressure is now on!

Good luck to those who got an interview at Mac!

I got my grad degree there and took classes in their graduate medical program.

It's top notch.

FrenchyMed

Guest mumfirst

martyB and Frenchy Med,

Sorry to hear about your bad news from Mac. Good luck on your Ottawa interview Frenchy. MartyB, hope you have other options available too!!

Guest carletongirl

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry that there hasn't been any good news in the Ottawa area to date. However, I will start the first batch of it. I got an interview to Mac for April 5th! I still can't believe it.

Thanks to all who have participated on this site. It has been really thought provoking and has helped me deal with waiting for the news of the interview. :)

Guest MayFlower1

Waaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooo goooooooooooo Carletongirl...I knew you'd get an interview! I hope you muff your interview at Mac though... :eek ...I want you to get accepted at UofO... so we can be classmates ! :lol

Good for you! Good luck!

Peter

Guest stargirl

hi carletongirl...

my interview is on april 5th too - i check in at around 10am...it will be nice to see a friendly face...

not that i'm an expert or anything but i've interviewed at mac once before so feel free to email me if you have any questions...and i might even be able to answer one or two of them :b

of course, mayflower is right...nothing against Mac but three cheers for winding up as class mates in U of O Meds '07...

stargirl

Guest stargirl

Deer in the headlights...hmmm, I represent that remark...:rollin

I think on those "My name is" badges, we should all use our EZBoard names...wouldn't that confuse 'em!

:rollin

Archived