Premed 101 Forums

in preparation

Guest bigmac

Guest bigmac

in the quiet before the storm...I would like to ask the moderators their advice on prepping for a

(potential) interview. I was told that the basic to the mac interview is to know your sketch inside out, anything else?????/

Guest Ian Wong

The basics to all interviews remains the same regardless of wherever and whatever you are applying for:

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> Tell me about yourself and why you are the right person for the job.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

Therefore, anything in your background that makes you suited to being a doctor, or that would make you a valuable member to the Mac medical class is fair game. This could include previous volunteer experience, previous jobs, education, the amount of "real life" experiences you may have picked up through your hobbies, work, or travel, etc. You would also want to have a good understanding of the Mac PBL curriculum, and why you think your background makes you suited to that style of learning.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest gucio93

What Ian said is absolutely correct and I would again stress the importance of knowing your sketch. Not only what you wrote down, but how you would elaborate on those responses. A strategy that worked for people in the past was to pick a few things you definitely want to get across and think about how to incorporate them into the interview (I think it was Carolyne who did that in her interview and it worked great for her). Other than that, you will find a number of great suggestions on the www.interviewfeedback.com site. Just click on Search, type "interview" into the search field and pick McMaster from the list of schools underneath. People who have gone through the exprience have posted their impressions and suggestions.

Archived