Premed 101 Forums

Waiting Lists

Guest Sumi23

Guest Sumi23

Hi,

I was just read that last year waiting list for Mac was cleared. Having that in mind, is the waiting list this year longer? I read somewhere the list has 89 people on it. How many people were on last year's waiting list? Thanks so much for all your help. I am OOP student so I feel lucky to be on the Mac waiting list and I would really like to get a sense of what my chances are.

Sumi23

Guest Angela

Hi Sumi23!

The answer to your questions can be found in the thread titled, Waitlist.

By the way, I also had my interview on Mar.23rd,at 6:45 a.m. Were you contemplating pharmacy as a backup plan? I remember talking to a girl about the shortened pharmacy program at UBC. Is that you?

Angela

Guest Sumi23

Hey!

YES that was me! It's nice to "bump" into you again. I was thinking about the shortened ubc pharmacy program but it hasn't been implemented yet.

I remember you saying your interview was really bad or something. Well you couldn't have done too poorly if you are on the waitlist :) If I remember correctly, you are from a pharmacology masters. It's nice to know that someone who interviewed in the same section as me may be going to Mac. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Are there any other schools you are considering? Keep me posted on how things come along.

Guest Angela

Hi Sumi23!

You're right. It's great to know that someone you've met is going to (hopefully) become your classmate. I think I read somewhere else that you would like to go to Queen's instead if you get in there. Have you heard from them yet?

Mac is my only choice left since I didn't get interviewed at the other two schools I applied to (U of T and U of O). That's okay. Mac was my first choice anyway.

Yes. I'm in the process of completing a master's in pharmacology (good memory!). I'm in the midst of correcting things and trying to write up my general discussion. I've been neglecting my thesis for the past few days, anxiously awaiting news from Mac. Now it's back to work!

I will cross my fingers for you (for Queens?).

Cheers,

Angela

I'm on the waiting list and I received a registration package today.... does that mean I'm high on the wait list or did everyone on the waiting list receive this package???

Guest Sumi23

Hi KB,

I also received a registration package. However, I don't think it means anything because everyone on the waitlist was supposed to get a registration package along with the waitlist notice. Instead of the package, we got a note saying that we would get a registration package as soon as it was ready. According to the note in my waitlist letter, registration packages weren't ready due to some delay in registrar's office (yellow sheet). Hope that helps.

Happy waiting.

Guest KatieKat

Hi Sumi23,

Would you tell me more about UBC's shortened pharmacy program? When it starts, how many years, where to find more information, etc. This is the first I've heard of it and I can't find any info searching on the pharmacy website.

Thanks!

Guest Sumi23

Hey KatieKat,

I found out about the shortened UBC pharmacy program through a phone survey. I was called by someone from Pharmaceutical Sciences, I believe in early January, and asked if I was interested in joining such a program. The program is for students with a completed BSc. He said that I would have to complete the prerequisite courses for pharmacy which weren't covered by my existing degree program. So, he asked me if I had anatomy and physiology and stuff. I had almost all the pre reqs except i think about 9 or 12 credits. I think he said it was a 18 month program to supplement existing BSc's with pharmacy courses and the missing prereqs so the pharmacy licensing exam can be written. From what I understand, UBC is thinking of implementing this program if there is enough interest and funds. When I asked the surveyor if he knows when it will be implemented, he said that the earliest would be this fall but it could be delayed as it is still in the works. At the end of the survey, he asked me if I would like a registration package if and when the program became available. That's all i can remember from the top of my head. Hope that helps.

sumi23

Archived