Premed 101 Forums

Apply early!

Guest Red Pear

Guest Red Pear

Dear Mac Applicants,

I'm really impressed with those of you who have been posting and who are clearly working on your Mac applications now for the October 2002 deadline for Fall 2003 admissions. KEEP IT UP! YOU ARE SOOOO SMART!

Please learn from my mistake. Even though the OMSAS website AND the Mac people, AND my own intuition, AND my friends all told me to APPLY EARLY... I of course hummed and haaaaahed and perfected my essay questions and tried to submit my online application 24 hours before the deadline. Okay, it was more like 18 hours before the deadline. The OMSAS link for Mac was so totally overbooked that I COULD NOT SUBMIT MY APPLICATION! This crisis continued up until the final hours before the deadline of 3 pm, or whatever time it was, and they even had to SHUT DOWN THE NETWORK FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT. I was crushed and so disappointed in myself for leaving things to the last minute...

Luckily OMSAS extended the Mac deadline by one week to accomodate those of us who couldn't submit our applications because of the network overload, and I was fortunate to be offered a spot this fall. I call it the McMiracle.

Please, friends, please. Submit your applications early.

Regards,

Red Pear

Archived