Premed 101 Forums

Notification of interviews

Guest grandmellon

Guest grandmellon

Does anyone have any clue when we hear about whether we are accepted for an interview?

(nothing better to write about)

:hat Well we could start a controversial discussion on whether smoking should be banned in 100% of public places (like they are trying to do in london ontario) Way to go health unit!!

Guest UWOMED2005

I think they've already banned smoking in Ottawa and K-W. They have in the restaurants and Bars at the least. Same goes for Victoria I believe, and I'm sure there's other cities that have brought in legislation and/or are thinking about it.

Oh - and you'll probably here in Feb-March. Not 100% sure on when Mac sends out invites, but that's when most of the other schools send stuff out. The Mac moderators might be able to give you a more definite date.

Hey wileycoyote!

Sorry, I made a mistake! Good thing I still have MY invite package stacked away. The letter was actually sent out on March 1st.

By the way, I remember that you asked a question about how people felt after their interviews in another thread. To tell you the truth, i felt awful after mine. I was so depressed that I didn't even want to go on the campus tour. In fact, on my drive back to TO, I was already planning out what I was going to do in September. Then again, I've heard of people who felt good after their interviews and got in. So, my conclusion is that you shouldn't think too much about the interview after it's done. I realize that it's easier said than done, but trust me, your impression of how the interview went is not a good indicator of its success.

As hard as it may be, try not to think about the interview too much for now. I'm sure you'll have tons of questions to ask us around March when you receive your invite. Start panicking then (jokes!).

HOpe this helped!

AJ

Guest UWOMED2005

That's been the general consensus among my class at Western as well. You don't necessarily have any idea whether you'll get in based on your feeling after the interview.

Guest wileycoyote

I thought that it success would be unrelated to self-perceived impression of the interview. Just thought I would throw that out there...the forum has been so quite lately.

How much time do you have between the invite and the interview?

Cheers

-w

It has been quiet... But then again, nothing much anyone can do until the first round replies are received eh so I guess there's nothing much to discuss apps/admission wise... March is gonna be here before we know it though.

Guest jmh2005

wyliecoyote,

Some people, like myself, had just less than 3 weeks from the interview invite to the actual interview...others were a bit more lucky (depending on how you see it...) and had to wait about five weeks. But this year, I believe that the interview weekends are back-to-back, but don't quote me (I can't find my palm right now). Last year, Easter weekend fell between the interview weekend. So, it should be the last weekend in March and the 1st weekend in April, if my memory serves me correct.

Best of luck,

jh

Archived