Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisted!

Guest grandmellon

Guest grandmellon

I just got my waitlisting letter today! argh.. so closee (i think) Does anyone know how many people get waitlisted? And how that works? Is it a random choice of people on the wait list or do they follow down a list according to rank?:rollin

This is worse than getting a rejection letter cause we are going to have to wait for a whole month! hehe oh well :eek

Did anyone else here get waitlisted?

Guest grandmellon

Ok, I just called the nice lady at Mac... she told me she couldn't give any number about this year or past years in regards to how many people get waitlisted (But still... does anyone have an idea? :Macstudents??)

The wait list is done in a ranked order... so I hope we are at the top ;)

They leave a message and the phone number on the application if you are not in

So if anyone has some "inside" info on how many get waitlisted that would be wicked... and also how many people have been called in in the past (off the wait list)

Guest macdaddyeh

Grandmellon. congrats; let's hope that acceptance is right around the corner! Although I have no "inside" perspective I have indeed heard of people making it off the waitlist and into the interview stage, so let us know when you know!:)

Guest macdreams

Hey Grandmellon!

I called Mac this afternoon too and got the exact same info as you. The lady was really nice and did say there's a chance so let's all keep our fingers crossed. With any luck, you, Beth and I will get an interview :D

Mac Dreams

Guest grandmellon

8o lol... I'm just wonderin Macdreams and Beth... should we be celebrating cause we made it near the top? What do you think? Are you gonna prepare for the interview either way? Where are you two from

Jeff I'm in london and toronto (school in london)

send me an email if you ever want to jeffsentra@yahoo.com

Guest Emila

I received an interview waitlist notice today.

Nobody has any info on how many they interview off the waitlist?

How many people got waitlisted so far? Only four?

Maybe there's hope for us :)

Guest macdaddyeh

Emila:

Congrats on making it this far. There IS hope indeed; hang in there, and we hope to see you at the interviews:)

Guest mumfirst

Way to go waitlisters!! Just remember that interviews have to be confirmed by Mar.14th so you shouldn't have too much longer to wait!! As I said in another thread, they wouldn't have a waitlist if they didn't think they might need one! So.... things look pretty good. :D

Guest grandmellon

Hey Emila, Congrats on getting waitlisted... when we called MAc they would not divulge how many people usually get called in, nor how many are on the waitlist... but it looks good for us because there's only 4 here! :rollin

Archived