Premed 101 Forums

Interpretation of interview invite: two parts

Guest macdaddyeh

Guest macdaddyeh

PART ONE:

So, my philosophical brain got thinking today (charged by my wife's insightful thinking). To what extent do y'all think that essentially the invite letter is indicating "OK we want you at Mac, we just have to confirm that you speak well and write well and work well with others?"

In other words, for those who have previously made it to an interview but did NOT gain admission, did you KNOW that you made some serious mistakes in the group discussion, the interview or the video? Or do you really think you did well and were suprised at not getting an acceptance letter?

Just food for thought b/c at this point the chances of gaining admission are greatly improved after getting that invitation.:D

Any insights on my insights? Is it wishful thinking or radical ridiculousness?

PART TWO:

In terms of the actual interview, does the adcom usually stick to your autobio submission as a guide or can you expect them to ask anything about anything about anything...b/c after all the interview is only supposed to range 30 mins.

RATIONALE:

I thought I would be all calmed down after the invite but now I'm all wound up:rollin

Guest MDWannabe

The interviewers don't have access to your essay answers; but they do review your autobiographical submission, and you should feel comfortable with everything that's on it and be able to elaborate. Typically, opening questions often arise out of tidbits from that source, and the interview tends to flow from your answers and take on a life of its own.

Archived