Premed 101 Forums

Personal Interview Question

Guest sporter1992

Guest sporter1992

Hi there,

Can someone please verify which autobiographical sketch the 3on1 interviewers will have access to? The 15 essays, or the 48 line point form list, or both? thanks.

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Hey sporter1992 - first of all, congrats on your interview! Secondly, it is the 48 line point form list - your autobiographical sketch - that they have during your interview. They will ask you about different experiences from it. If you described some of this in your 15 questions, they are unaware, and you gotta tell them if you want them to know...don't assume that they know anything really!

Cool, well all the best with your interview! If you have any other questions, please feel free to post.

~JZ

Guest sporter1992

Thanks GWB. I just read that you also got your invite as well. CONGRATS to you too! Does anyone have an interview on Apr 5 yet? That's my day. :)

If anyone wants to chat, you can email me at sporter1992@yahoo.com.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Guest macdaddyeh

Hey sporter1992: Congratulations as well! When is your interview time.

Does anyone know what exactly the video is all about and how one goes about writing down "emotions, etc?"

Guest sporter1992

Hi macdaddyeh,

Thanks a bunch. My interview is on Apr5, checkin 11:35. So far, I haven't found anyone with the same date, but I'm sure there's someone out there!

I'm not too sure about the "emotion" exercise either but I think there's also a self evaluation portion to this video as well, so theres a little more to think about.

Guest VwDubber

Hey Sporter:

Congrats on your invite. I'm also interviewing on the 5th but my check in time is at 6:45 am !!!!!!

To everyone else on here that will be interviewing... "Let's all kick some butt"

Cheers :hat

Guest nubar89

Hello fellow Mac interviewee...

I was just scanning thought the forum for the first time, and I ran across your posting. My check-in time is 11:35 am as well so I guess we are in the same group. Sad times for those who are in the 6:45 am group! Oh well, I am sure that the anxiety and anticipation will make them alert at that ungodly hour.

Regarding the video portion, as far as I know we will be watching a short video that shows an interview between a doc and patient. When the lights come on we will be given a short questionnaire, which is meant to test our empathy and perception of human emotions. A friend of mine who had an interview last year said that they asked about body language and feelings of the patient. As always, Mac is taking an innovative approach for selecting med students.

NBR

Archived