Premed 101 Forums

To my fellow waitlisters!

Guest macdreams

Guest macdreams

Hi!

Just thought I'd start another waitlister thread for fun :P

After being on this forum every day last week I took the weekend off and now feel totally out of the loop! Oh well :) Are there any new waitlisters out there? So far in this forum it's just me, Beth, grandmellon and Emilia (I think!)

I called Mac on Friday to make sure they had my phone number right and now every time I get a call (between 8:30 and 4:30!) I get really excited. LOL! As far as preparation goes, I think I'll do some. I don't want to do too much and be horribly disapointed when an invite doesn't come... so I'll have to find some sort of compromise!

Happy waiting, guys :D Please stay in touch!

MacDreams

Guest grandmellon

I would have to say this is insane!... we are sitting right at the door, why won't they invite us inside? I'll take off my shoes and be a good guest :rollin

I've been searching for other wait listers and haven't found any macdreams, which is good because the less there is, the better our chances. I think your plan to do a little preparation is a good idea.

Where are you from macdreams?, Beth and Emilia?

send me an email when you get a chance, so we can analyze how we got put on the waitlist...

jeffsentra@yahoo.com :eek :rollin

Guest grandmellon

I have an idea... they sent us interview confirmation forms. Let's try and confuse them by sending them in for one of the dates and times. They will get them and say what in the world is this? Did we forget to put them on the list... or someone must have called them in... then BINGO! We have our interview.

(Have I lost my mind?)

grandmellon...you make me laugh. Maybe we should just show up on interview day!!! Then we would really confuse them.

I called McMaster yesterday and the woman I talked to was really nice. She told me that all the people invited for an interview must notify the school by friday. On monday they are going to call everyone they haven't heard from to make sure that they aren't coming (hopefully there are lots of them....hehe). She said that waitlisted people will not be notified until at least then. So we can take a little bit of a breath and not worry about the phone until next week. I really hope that we call get calls. Good luck!!!!

Guest macdreams

I agree with Beth, you really are TOO funny grandmelon :D ! I'll for sure send you an email some time :)

Thanks for the update, Beth. It's good to know that I don't have to jump every time the phone rings (for the rest of this week at least!) And I'm glad to hear (from another post) that you got an interview at Dal... that's awesome! Is Mac your number one choice, though? It's my only choice this year, as I didn't apply anywhere else. (I'll probably apply other places next year but Mac will always be my number one choice!)

Well, I guess that's all for now!

Talk to you guys soon!

MacDreams

P.S. If anyone has anymore info or advice re: the waitlist... please let us know :) We're dying here!! Thanks!

P.P.S. I'm in downtown toronto, grandmellon. And you?

Guest Dannyboy

Not to freak you out but I think you only have until the 14th to confirm an interview date--your spot might be given to someone else if you don't confirm (don't know this for sure though). My letter said (yeah, it talked to me)--if I remember correctly (always questionable) that this Friday was the deadline.

PHONE ADMIN IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest grandmellon

I'm from the T.Dot... but also take up my vacation home during the year in the snowbelt... way out west in London... the home of the purple coloured mustang... (The get their colours from the Barney show)

:rollin just kidding... western's not too shabby!

Guest Lisa88

so your invite actually spoke, Dannyboy? Was that before or after you licked the envelope of your confirmation letter? (j/k)

I don't feel as if I'm the greatest contender to receive an invite at Mac, anyhow (not a hell of a lot of extracurrics or impressive life experiences), but I did email someone at admin yesterday...i will check my mail a final time today, and if by some miracle i do get an interview, I'll call & explain the situation...

thanks for the advice :)

Hi fellow waitlisters!! From the information I received from the admissions office last week, the phone calls should start today!! I haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully we all receive good news soon. Let me know if any of you hear from them. GOOD LUCK!!!

Archived