Premed 101 Forums

Does anyone know about this week's mini medschool topic?

Guest j282

Hello Everyone:

I was wondering if anyone knew what this Wednesday's topic of discussion will be and the presenters that will be involved (presenter's backgrounds, research interests faculty position etc.) Carolyn, perhaps you have some info on this, or a weblink for this week's session.

Thanks very much in advance :)

PS. Who was the neurologist who presented last week. I heard he was terrific!

Have a great week to all ;) and study hard 8o

Peace

Guest Carolyn

Are you enrolled in the Minimed? If so that is great - Please introduce yourself to me...

This week we are having a play on living with Cancer by Dr. Nisker from UWO... Celebrating the art of medicine.

Two weeks ago Dr. Adrian Upton, a neurologist spoke - he is a wonderful presenter.

For those who are wonderning what the heck we are talking about... A group of five of us have organized a mini-med school here at Mac. It is a 7 week lecture series every Wednesday night for the general public. Most of our audience is over 60. We have speakers coming speaking on topics such as genetics, neuro, psych, aging, arthritis, heart, lungs and cancer as well as our night on both Canadian and International Health Care. Obviously it is very different from real medical school but the demand was unbelievable. We sold out (300 people) in 3 days and have a 100 person waitlist! We have to check for tickets at the door most weeks to make sure people aren't sneaking in that haven't paid... We are putting any money we make in the end towards an award for students initiating community education projects.

Hope that was what you were looking for.

Carolyn

Archived