Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters: Have you heard anything yet?

Guest VwDubber

Guest macdreams

This wait-lister hasn't (and is going a little batty waiting! :b )

I dunno about the others though, Vw.

Thanks for your thoughts :D

Mac Dreams

Guest grandmellon

Hey everyone... I am so happy They finally did not call me... haha (did I get you excited there!) I called and they said they hadn't called anyone as of yet... is this what you have heard so far beth and macdreams... and for that matter anyone else (And who are yo u?!)

I am so bombarded with school work now, I am about to go cuckoo... jus kiddin. I had class and meeting monday from 9 am til 10 pm with a short break for supper... then my car got towed illegally because I was parked legally ($120) and i had to call the police because the dude locked me into the impound lot and wouldn't let me out!{towing companies are crooked... the states should start bombing them!}.... Then today I had research meetings and class and USC from 9 am til 9pm... What the heck is happening here... I need a life!!! Help! haha jus kididng... (I'm tired) This is why I have been absent for the last little while... I started getting withdrawal symptoms... convulsions were about to follow so I decided to post this nonsense and no-sense post.

Talk to you all sooon. and keep me updated on how your interview went!!!!! GOOD LUCK You will all do fine because I know you have spent time preparing ;)

Jeff

Guest VwDubber

Hey Mellonballs (May I call you this from now on?) :rollin

Sounds like between work and luck, you really have it going on :) Soz to hear about your car. I personally would have a nervous breakdown if mine ever got towed. Like you said, those towing companies are very very very very very very very foiled! Worst than Jean Poutine himself! But just out of curiousity, why would they tow your car if you were legally parked? Or was it one of those scam projects I have seen on W5 :hat Either way, I hope you've gotten your car back safely and that it still runs the same way it did before.

Hang in there. The week is almost over YAY!!!!!

Btw .. are you coming to next thursday's session?

Vdub-

yellow.gif

My FUTURE vehicle. Who wants to race? :P |I :hat 8o 8o 8o :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol :lol :lol :eek :eek :eek :D :D :D :smokin :smokin :smokin

Guest grandmellon

VwDubber... You are CRAZY!

No changing my name!!!

About my ppooor baby... it was a scam tow... with a false report made. I called the police though and they came and let me out of the yard... but there's damage to my car at the front.. a huge scratch. So i'm going to have to take the m to civil court.. It's really weird... and I dont know if it's a coincidence, but my breaks have started to squeak ever since it was towed!!! How rude of people to steal my car then charge me for it... I'm probably not going to make it out next thursday because I have an insane amount of work / meetings to do. (Take notes for me ;) )

Good luck on interviews everyone!!

Oh I called about the waitlist!!! No one has been called in yet... which is weird because people have cancelled.!!!

Guest macdreams

Hey guys,

Well, maybe we'll get interviews for next weekend... (let's keep our findgers crossed.)

Perhaps they've only had cancellations for OOP possitions? Maybe that's why we haven't heard.

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone. Good luck to those interviewing!

MacDreams

P.S. Grandmelon: So sorry to hear about your car. What a nusance!!

Guest VwDubber

Don't you just hate them?

OMG ... I can't believe you called me CRAZY. I am soo scarred for life now |I |I |I |I |I |I |I :rollin

I was afraid but hoping that there wasn't going to be any damage to your baby :( ... but a lot of the times, it's unavoidable once they tow it. That's really awful that people would take advantage of a nice soul like you. Civil Court sucks ... How much are you going after for? Did you get the cops name and info etc?

It's too bad you can't make it out next Thursday. I'm probably the worst note taker in the world .. but I'll relay to you whatever sticks in my brain. ;)

Hope you're having a good weekend and for all you waitlisters out there (MacDreams, Beth etc) keep harassing admissions for that interview!!!!!!

VDub-

gti.jpg

I just called the admissions office and they told me that they have filled all of the cancellations that they have had to this point. She told me that if anyone else cancels this week that they would make more calls.

Good luck!

Guest grandmellon

Thats part of one of my MPD (or DID for those of you who are up to date on the DSM) I have been out cold in a deep sleep for the last few days.... just kidding, feels like it anyways! I have had crazyCRAZycrazeh work load... SO Beth... they said they called people in off the wait list... hmmm fishy... because when I called on friday they said they hadn't called anyone.

What a fishy school i tell you!! hahaha

Alright, lets buy a loto ticket and have some luck!

Guest grandmellon

I have finally come around to getting a hold of my different personalities... and then Mac found out... So they decided to give me a call today. They informed me that someone cancelled (yeah for them hahaha) and I have an interview! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hehehehe... I am soo excited as you can see... but now comes the really hard part... preparing! Yikes... you people are so lucky having time to prepare... I guess it's good because I have no time to worry or be anxious. So my interview is on Saturday at 1005, sim tut at 1045-1215 and personal interview from 130-200pm. Who else is on saturday... any suggestions for preparing.. yikes this is crazy!! :eek

Guest VwDubber

Just wanted to say congrats to Beth and Grandmellon. WOOO HOOO.

I'm also interviewing on the 5th but my check in time is 6:45am.

Once again CONGRATS :)

VDub-

gti.jpg

Guest IRNBRUD

Congrats grandmellon!!

If I were you trying to prepare at this point I would really concentrate on my sketch and autobiographical submission. My interview questions came almost exclusively from content found my application. There were NO healthcare questions or ethical dilemmas! Also you might want to follow some of Jess's advice about the video and how to prepare for that. Don't stress yourself; know yourself.

Best of Luck and HAVE A BLAST!!!!!

IB

grandmellon,

congratulations!!

You must be thrilled.

Show them on Saturday that you shouldn't have been waitlisted in the first place and that you really deserve to attend Mac!

Best of Luck!

bug

Guest macdreams

Gooooooooo grandmellon!! That's sooo awesome for you :) Regardless of the short notice, I'm sure you'll do great.

Now, it's down to just me an Emilia. (Unless I missed it and she herd too.)

I think I'll give our favorite school a call this afternoon to see if I still have a slight chance... fingers crossed :)

CONGRATS, AGAIN!!!

MacDreams

Guest grandmellon

Thanks for all your comments and help! I am so excited with this opportunity, although as everyone found o ut last night at the practice session, I still have lots t o prepare for.. I've got some stories to tell just working on the best way to tell them! I hope that everyone that has an interview this w eekend makes it there safely.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOhehehee

Talk to you all soon

:D

Archived