Premed 101 Forums

WE ARE DONE!!!!!!!!

Guest shelleyrn

Guest shelleyrn

Hey folks!! I did make it to Hamilton Friday at 7pm...a mere 36 hours after leaving Winnipeg....shoulda drove.

I want to send a big shout out to lynnlloyd....she was my beam of light in the ice storm....thanks....we are SO going to be classmates...hehehe.....

Jaybird.....you emerg nurse you....great to meet you and I hope we will get in...it would be a big hoot!!

I am sooooo glad to be done....painless, with exception of the 7 hour interview process...yes folks...7 hours....BUT, the MAC crew did amazingly well considering all the crazy weather, SARS, change of venues (The Hamilton Spectator???)....wow!! mucho grassy ass.........you guys rock.....

vwdub.....nice to meet you.........

I had such a great group throughout and it was a blast, but I think I am about to slip into unconsciousness.....night night folks....cheers to those who interview Sunday AND next weekend....it was fun....be yourself.....(really..).........Shelley "pooped" RN

Guest VwDubber

Hey Shelley,

It was also nice meeting you today.. I'm glad you were able to make it despite the bumps. It's too bad we didn't have more time to chat. Like you said, WE ARE DONE!!!!

All the Best,

VDub-

Guest shelleyrn

Hey there v-dub....sounds like your interview was a bit...trying....I am sure you kicked....Yes...too bad we didn't get to chat more....i felt a bit corraled, but considering they were trying to keep us as organized in a completely chaotic situation...I stayed within my group, as not to get separated.......what a great day...marathon....but still really fun, and meeting nice people such as your self, was a bonus......

keep in touch....my email is: shelleyrn@shaw.ca

Guest jmh2005

Congrats on getting through the day...I understand it was long...I hear you!!

Unfortunately, I had to change my duties at the last minute and had to actually interview applicants as opposed to greeting and doing admin, so I didn't get the chance to meet any of you socially...I ducked in the room a few times for food and bevies, but obviously was unable to chat...sorry!

Hopefully, I'll get to meet you all in person in the fall!! Best of luck to everyone!!

Jess

Guest VwDubber

Hey Shellster,

They were trying to keep us segregated weren't they? ;)

Got your e-mail on my address book. We'll have to exchange thoughts when the big DAY comes.

VDub-

gti.jpg

Guest VwDubber

Jess,

It's too bad you weren't able to socialize with the rest of us interviewees. However, like many other have said, I think the fact that everything didn't go as planned helped reassure me because it allowed me more time to talk to the other interviewees.

Hopefully, I'll get to meet you all in person in the fall!! Best of luck to everyone!

Ditto here...

VDub-

gti.jpg

Guest shelleyrn

'Dub...I just figured out that you must LOGIN to actually use all these lovely little bells and whistles ie "formatting"....sheesh....

Guest mumfirst

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say congrats to those that finished their interviews this weekend - and what a weekend it must have been. I agree that it sounds like Mac went all out to accomodate the best they could and it's gotta be hard to keep things fair for everyone.

shelleyrn - I'm glad to hear that you finally made it in with all of your detours and such! I'm sorry I couldn't have offered you a ride in on Friday but I live way the other side of Toronto! Just out of curiosity, how come your interview was 7 hours? Was it because they had to wait for groups of 6 to be ready for the group sim tutorial? When I look back at mine from last week, I was also there for 7 hours (11:35 - 6:15) but I participated in the bell ringer study which took a couple of hours. Hope you are safely back at home now!

Good luck to all that still have to interview and let's hope we all meet up this fall!

Guest shelleyrn

Mumfirst!....well, I would like to say that I was there for 7 hours simply because I had alot to say, and they wanted to hear it all....but, alas, it was just the way the day went for many....Mac had a helluva mess accomodating all that managed to make it in, so organization was a bit of an issue...but they managed to pull it off, and no blood was shed...haha

Thanks for the offer of the ride, it became a "planes, trains and automobile" fiasco...BUT, I made it...and it was kinda fun as well.......whew...all done....back to Wpg tomorrow...(ahh, myown bed)

Let's keep our fingers crossed for good news in May...Cheers!

Guest shelleyrn

I am home!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love Westjet...it was a bloody blizzard when I left London this afternoon.......Winnipeg is a balmy 6 degrees.....sunny skies........ahhh.....nice to be back

Guest macdreams

You're missing out by not staying longer... I think it'll be the big 1,0, in the GTA by the end of the week :b

Best of luck getting good new in May!!

macdreams

Guest shelleyrn

macdreams....hate to pop your bubble, BUT....it's going to be 21, yes, 21 degrees tomorrow in the 'Peg...whodathunkit!! Get out yer bikinis!!!! lol:eek

Archived