Premed 101 Forums

AND... we're all done!

Guest grandmellon

Guest grandmellon

Yahoooooo! We finished interviews for this year... what a great experience it was too. The people at McMaster are awesome. The students were so friendly and the interviewers polite and open... (while except for the one who was stiff until I cracked a joke). But overall I had a good experience interviewing with the three on one. For the simulated tutorial I wasn't as engaging as I usually am... My head was actually spinning... florescent lights?? flickering?? lol... anyways. I learned a lot from interviewing and will be able to improve greatly next time! The questions I got on the Personal interview were consistent with what everyone else has said... I must be going to write a huge paper now... wooohoo... hahhaa.. i am slowly going crazy 123456 7, I am slowly going crazy............. haha anyways... talk to you all soon! Thanks for the help!! :rollin

Guest MACFORME

Finally, we are done :) . Now I have to drive down to Ottawa tomorrow for my Monday interview..

I think it was a very very very good experience. I cant believe how much fun it was interviewing for med school. The hosts/hostesses were very nice, and really made the trip enjoyable. They were so willing to answer all questions and made sure that we knew exactly what to do. The interviewees were amazing as well, and the food..ummm... well they treated us like royalty.

The sim tutorial was just like the practice sessions - you have nothing at all to worry about Sunday interviewers. The video was so straightforward, though I think I wrote too big and ran out of space. I was too afraid to go back and erase because I thought I might run out of time so be aware of that and write TINY :)

The 3-on-1 was good. They were nice from the minute I walked in and they gave me a lot of positive vibes. No current events, no ethics (sorry VW!! :( ...) and just questions about me. I dont think they asked me more than 7-8 questions and all of them are listed on these threads.

Overall I really enjoyed the whole experience, and I really got a chance to see what the program at Mac is all about. I must say, I am in love..! Lets hope they love me too :)

Good luck guys.. Stay in touch. We should get together after exams if you guys like just to minutely discuss the interview (just kidding).. just to have fun, yah thats more like it.

Take care,

Keep up the posts...

M4M

Guest Lynlloyd

Congratulations!!!!!

I bet you're glad it's over. It sounds like you did well. Good job!!!!

Let's hope we are all classmates in the fall.

I'm game for a get-together.

Lynlloyd.

Hey folks,

Sorry I couldn't post earlier for you Sunday people, didn't get home till 12 am yesterday... very tired. Anyway, may be it'll be of use for next year.

So my interview....

Video:

Basically, a retired elderly couple going to see a doctor.

Okay, I finished early and then I got scared for finishing early. Some people were writing story-book answers... hmmm... well, let's hope that it's the quality and not the quantity that matters.

Simulated tutorial:

I actually feel the best about this one and I was actually the most worried about this one. I was really lucky to have a supercool group of people in my group.

Interview:

Interviewers were great! Questions completely off my sketch in addition to the typically, why mac? why med?. I did get a couple of situational questions, but again, it all related to what I said on my sketch. So basically, know thy sketch! I wasn't really happy with my performance on this section. I felt a little "too" informal. I didn't feel like I said everything I wanted to say.... part of that may have been that I wasn't really thinking straight. I made them laugh, quite unintentionally actually and I did get a very positive comment about my interview at the end...... for whatever it's worth !!!!! :P

Edit: Just to add, the students were sooooo nice. They really made the experience less nerveracking.

Guest toothyhuh

Hi everyone, hope everyone had great interviews.

Here's my experience:

Video: about a son taking his mother to the doctor. Very straightforward. You have ample time to write (25 minutes), its the space that's limited, I think.

Sim Tut: straight forward, about a women, heart surgery and drug abuse. My group only had 5 ppl, but it was still 15 minutes long. There were times when our group kinda had silent moments, not sure what to discuss, but I think we did alright. The evaluation went well too.

Personal Interview: I was relaxed for this part, but I was surprised at the unprofessionalism exhibited by 2 of the 3 interviewers..I think the student and community member. No eye contact, seemed disinterested, lazy posture etc I think I answered the questions well, but personally I don't think it went as I would've wanted to.

The students were great.

Guest Namgalsip

Hey Everyone,

Well, it's finally over....now the WAIIIIIIT.

My interview experience was much like what has been described before.

The video: 2 elderly couple going to see a new family phys. Not too bad, I felt that I had *just* enough time to complete my answers...I did have to write small however.

Group Sim. Tut. Very pleasant. I had a great group. We discussed the return of a convict into a community. It wasn't bad at all. (we were also 5 people and had 15 min to discuss).

Personal Interview: hummm, well, I guess only time will tell. I didn't get much of a reaction although they *seemed* nice. I wasn't challenged and I felt well prepared for the questions I got. No ethical or current events questions. However, one of the interviewers was stone faced and didn't seem to like my answers very much....but then again, I could be reading them wrong.

The students were VERY friendly and supernice. Overall, I had a good time.

Hope everyone else had a great time.

Nams

Guest grandmellon

I forgot to add thee for my sim tutorial we discussed thalidomide... it seems to me that someone told me that this topic was one of the group sim tut's before i got there. Silly me, i should have looked up some info on it.... I found the topic very difficult to talk about because I didn't know much about it. And I also think i was a little nervous as welll.... I hope the reviewers saw my abilities in that session!!!

Nams, It was good to see you on sat, it's too bad we didn't have time to chat and share some inside scoops hehehehe. And yes... the fun waiting game! :eek

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi guys,

glad to hear you're all done and feeling positive about it all. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Nams, was your sim tutorial similar to the scenario we practiced??

Just curious!

Archived