Premed 101 Forums

I THINK I'm in!!

Guest mumfirst

Guest mumfirst

Arghhhhhhh! I had a phone message from Mary Beth this afternoon but by the time I got my message the med office was closed!! Does this mean I am in? I could really kick myself for being on the computer all afternoon - the message was left at 2:00 (5 minutes after I went online) and I didn't check my messages until 4:30 (as the office closes). Did anyone get a message from Mary Beth today just "to say hi"????? Of course I am assuming that I am in but will have to hold my breath until Monday now...........

Guest jmh2005

Yes, I'm sure the only reason why they call at this time of year is for an offer!!

You may want to invest in cable internet, you'll need it!! Congrats, enjoy your weekend!!

Guest cher1234

I received the same phone call from Mary Beth today, and yes... I'm IN!:rollin She was calling to confirm my mailing address and will be sending my offer of admission on Monday. She stated I have until June 27 to accept.

Congratulations mumfirst!! Looks like we'll be classmates!!

Best of luck to all waitlisters! I have my fingers crossed for you!

C.

Guest Lynlloyd

Congratulations mumfirst and cher1234!!!!

mumfirst...I doubt that they would be calling for anything else.

Way to go.....See you in the fall,

Lynlloyd ;)

Guest mumfirst

Congrats Cher! I guess we will be classmates!:)

jmh2005 - I will be investing in cable internet when I get to Hamilton!!! I live out in the boonies right now and this slow dial up stuff is all you can get.

Now to start with finding a home, registering for kindergarten, finding childcare....Oh, so much to do and so little time - but I'm NOT complaining.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Guest macdaddyeh

Mumfirst. Praise be to God; I knew you would make it!

:rollin

Edited to say: Your kids will surely be proud of you; now get out there and make us proud Mom MD!

Guest mumfirst

Thanks everyone!! It's now official - spoke to Mary Beth today and she was indeed calling to confirm my address so that she could send me out an offer. What a tremendous feeling!!! :rollin :rollin

Good luck to all those on the waitlist(s) - may you hear your good news soon as well.

Jane

BTW macdaddyeh - my kids???? I only have one and she was jumping around when I got the message on Friday. She said "They're going to let you go to doctor school? Hurray!!" She's so funny - I told her today that we are going to be moving to Hamilton and she says she wants a house with a brown roof. Oh, to be four years old and not a care in the world!! ;)

Guest Blackbird15

Hey everyone,

Just got the good news from my dad. Apparently, I won the big Mac lottery too! However, just to let you waitlisters know, I will be turning down the handsome dinette set and the all-expenses paid trip to Florida. So chin up, even people on the waitlist will be turning down offers, so hopefully it will move quickly!

Good luck!

Blackbird

Guest grandmellon

You had me very confused there... I thought you won the McBigMac lottery... but you one the BIG Mac lottery... congrats blackbird hehehe... You deserve a mcHappy Meal!

:rollin

Archived