Premed 101 Forums

scrubs

Guest SaraKJ

Guest SaraKJ

Hey guys,

it may look silly but i want to buy a set of scrub in case i need it for observation .:P . Do you have any idea where i can find it

thanks

Azadeh

If you need them, you'll be provided with them. If you do a surg elective they'll get you scrubs.

If you really want to buy them just look up uniform stores in the yellow pages and give some a call. Even the bookstore at the general might have them.. they have lab coats I know but didn't look for scrubs there.

if you're in the OR then yah you're wearing scrubs, a mask, a surgical cap/bonnet, and sometimes shoe covers.

for PSD, ties are optional.. i never wore one, and never wore one to an elective but a few of my classmates do.

Guest wassabi101

Hey there!

You really don't need to purchase scrubs unless you plan on having a personalized set (a good place to go for scrubs but also for a nice fitted lab coat is Uniform World at 2450 Lancaster Rd near St. Laurent (1 800 548-5555 or 613 731-5500, 613 731-5501). Every change room that leads into the OR area has multiple scrubs you can wear for surgery, anesthesia, emerg, ICU and your nights on call....don't wear scrubs for your electives with clinics unless they're clinics in between surgeries or very messy clinics (casting etc.)

wassabi

Guest everyoneloveschem

Also, if you buy scrubs and wear them, remember that a lot of people will think you are a nurse or an orderly. Not that there is anything wrong with being one, but....

Archived