Premed 101 Forums

OT UWO Schedule

Hello,

I have applied to OT at UWO this year and I was just wondering what the program start and end dates are? Like do classes end in April? 

Also, in general, I was wondering what the day to day class schedule is? Are classes Mon-Fri? And how many hours of classes each day?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Hi,

First-year UWO OT student here. First-year classes started in early September and run until early May, then some of us go right into placement from May-June but summer placement can technically be anytime between May-end of August, lasting two months. In the fall we had classes Mon-Fri but this semester we have classes only Mon-Thurs with roughly 20 hours a week. Some days you have 6 hours of class, other days are lighter with only a 3-hour lecture. Other times you have classes that don't occur every week (e.g. our research project course).. it varies quite a bit.

Hi,

Wow, thanks so much for all the helpful info, I really appreciate it! I am a single mom who will (hopefully) be completing this program over the next two years, and I just want to make some life plans accordingly, so knowing this kind of info is really helpful to me! I know that the schedule is variable week to week but in general, what are the earliest class start and end times? Are classes bright and early at like 8:30 am, or would i be able to get a nice workout in every morning lol, and what times do classes generally finish? 

Overall, I have heard great things about the program and hope to get an acceptance this year!! 

On 4/15/2018 at 2:19 PM, T-cell said:

Hi,

Wow, thanks so much for all the helpful info, I really appreciate it! I am a single mom who will (hopefully) be completing this program over the next two years, and I just want to make some life plans accordingly, so knowing this kind of info is really helpful to me! I know that the schedule is variable week to week but in general, what are the earliest class start and end times? Are classes bright and early at like 8:30 am, or would i be able to get a nice workout in every morning lol, and what times do classes generally finish? 

Overall, I have heard great things about the program and hope to get an acceptance this year!! 

Hey,

Our classes are usually in 3-hour blocks running from 9:30-12:30 then 1:30-4:30 (this is how a 6-hour day would look like). Other days might just have the morning or afternoon 3-hour lecture or they might start a bit later in the morning (e.g. our occasional research project class goes from 10:30-11:30, our fieldwork class runs 11-12:30) so there are some mornings when you can get your workout in! All the best with your application and feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

Archived