Premed 101 Forums

Indent?

Guest willg

Guest willg

For the mac essays, do they count an indent/skipping a line as ~18 characters?

Im doing it on microsoft word and when I do the character count, it is counting the indent too...

Im just wondering how one should organize the paragraphs..

thank you

Guest ItsmeMelissa

Hey willg,

From what I experienced last year every single tiny itsy bitsy space in counted. I almost chucked my computer every time that blasted message window "You have exceeded the 700 character limit" popped up! :D

Good luck!

Melissa

Guest willg

Oh no that sucks :P

Guess 'll have to write plain an' simple, no indentations or skipping lines....just when I though I could paraphrase my answer no more...

Oh well, looks like Ill have to spend another @#(*@ hours re-wording..thanks a bunch Melissa!

Will

Guest ItsmeMelissa

When I could eliminate no more I got rid of the double space between the period and the start of a new sentence. Sounds idiotic, but it did help in the end.

Don't worry, you have tons of time...

Melissa

Guest iggie

Hey all: just wondering how did you all make your essays seem interesting, and what kinds of things did you talk about?

Looking over my essay, I can't help but feel that the people who read it will think I am a giant loser.

thanks for any tips you all have

iggie

Guest applicant

I have the same problem. With every edit, my essay loses part of its soul. I am goint to use Carolyn's method of introducing a (very careful) joke or two in it.

Archived