Premed 101 Forums

july 3

Guest protein girl

Guest protein girl

hi all,

does anyone know the significance of july 3rd? are people, who've been accepted to more than one school, able to hold on to more than one seat until july 3rd?

merci much

Guest JSS02

All conditional acceptances become finalized on July 3. If you're holding a spot somewhere, then you'll be removed from all waitlists you're still on. Anyone who was accepted in the first round but got off one or more waitlists last week usually has at least 10 days to decide on a school. That would bring them close to the July 3rd deadline.

Guest bubbagump

Does anyone have any guess to the number of positions that will open up after July 3rd? I was of the belief that it would be small in comparison to the original number of waitlist offers (after June 17).

I certainly hope more than 2 people (the number of people posting in this forum with waitlist offers so far) will post good news about acceptances after that date.

The only problem with July 3rd is that it is past July 1st (the last day I can tell my landlord I am moving for September 1st). Boooooo.

Hi everyone

I spoke to a friend who was an interviewer at Mac. He said the chances of getting in from the waitlist after that date is very low. Hopefully, it's not true this year....

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed until Sept 2002.

Sorry for not being specific. "that date" is referring to the June 15th. He was an interviewer a few years ago. Although last year everyone on the waitlist got in....we just don't know how long the wait list is this year. Wish they would let us know where we stand on the list.....

Guest gucio93

Remember that the additional seats are still a possibility and people would be taken off the waitinglist to fill these positions once they were added.

Archived