Premed 101 Forums

Specialty hospitals and MAM

There are options for SickKids (Paeds) and Mount Sinai (Emerg) I believe. There are no options for CAMH at MAM. I'm not quite sure downtown students even have the option to rotate there. MAM students also have the option to rotate through Brampton and Etobicoke (Paeds and OB/GYN).

4 hours ago, skyuppercutt said:

I'm not sure for CAMH. When I was a MAM student I don't remember that option being available. 

I believe there are 2 students out of each rotation group of 9 that could do rotations at SickKids. 

3 hours ago, robclem21 said:

There are options for SickKids (Paeds) and Mount Sinai (Emerg) I believe. There are no options for CAMH at MAM. I'm not quite sure downtown students even have the option to rotate there. MAM students also have the option to rotate through Brampton and Etobicoke (Paeds and OB/GYN).

Thanks! Do you guys know how it's decided which 2 people get to rotate? Like is it random lottery, application process, etc?

13 hours ago, mew said:

Thanks! Do you guys know how it's decided which 2 people get to rotate? Like is it random lottery, application process, etc?

You have the opportunity to have a discussion/negotiation with other students in your rotation to select sites for each rotation. If you cannot agree then it goes to a lottery. I think almost every group this year was able to figure it out without having to resort to randomness.

Archived