Premed 101 Forums

Anyone from SFU applied to/at Saskatchewan?

Guest dddd

Guest dddd

I've got a question for someone from SFU who has actually gone through the application process at Sask.

I'm concerned about a specific pre-req at Sask. They want biochem 200.3 and 211.3 (Their course numbering). Does anyone know if they accept MBB 221 and MBB222 from SFU for these? I'm a little leary of asking them outright, because some of the course description for their MBB211.3 sounds a little like a MBB 321 course at SFU, which I don't have yet. I don't want to open up a can of worms with admissions if all I need to do is write down what I took at SFU and keep my mouth shut.

Thanks.

Guest kosmo14

Hi, I don't know the answer, but I know where to find it. I have a friend in my class that went to SFU before med. I will forward this to him and get an answer from him.

Guest Ian Wong

Why not just ask them point-blank whether MBB 221 and MBB222 fulfill the USask requirements? I can't think of anything worse than applying and having your application DQ'ed because your current courses do not suffice.

Just send them an email with the descriptions of the above two courses. If they say you're good to go, then you're set. If they say they won't work, then it's better that you find this now now, instead of next year during the application cycle when it's too late to do anything about it.

Best of luck!

Ian

Archived