Premed 101 Forums

Ubc Pharmacy Applications 2016/2017- Class Of 2021

SynB

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did my undergrad outside of UBC and I was wondering what does UBC Pharmacy mean by " first year English Courses".

Do they mean English courses with no pre-requisities?

Yes, first year english classes are what I took in my university. 

15 hours ago, karen9898 said:

Hey guys! Congrats to all of you who got accepted!! Just wanted to know if any of you volunteered or worked in a pharmacy or other health care related facility before you guys applied. Thanks :)

Thank you :)  About 4 years ago I worked an entire summer at a Pharmacy and then throughout the Undergraduate Degree I volunteered with St. John Ambulance. It would be helpful to work in such a field, however it didn't appear necessary. 

Good luck on your application :D

11 minutes ago, Lil_pink said:

So...did nobody hear nothing back from them since last thursday at all... God i am actually gonna have a panic attack

Nope I am still waiting as well. Hopefully tomorrow.. Finger crossed!!

To those who are asking, I myself did not have any work experience or volunteer hours with a pharmacy or any other field. But I had work experience in which I was able to translate the skills into ones that would be beneficial for a pharmacist.

Today was the deadline to accept the offer which includes the deadline to pay the 2K deposit, so hopefully those who haven't heard back yet will hear something today! 

18 hours ago, Lil_pink said:

So...did nobody hear nothing back from them since last thursday at all... God i am actually gonna have a panic attack

I got my email on May 31st around 9am of BC time. 

Got accepted this year. I'm an out of province student and was rejected on the first day last year.

I know one of my friends is still waiting for the email too, so hopefully they will let you guys know soon! 

10 minutes ago, lalala0903 said:

I got my email on May 31st around 9am of BC time. 

Got accepted this year. I'm an out of province student and was rejected on the first day last year.

I know one of my friends is still waiting for the email too, so hopefully they will let you guys know soon! 

Congrats! Was your application status (on the ubc student service centre website) changed as soon as you got the offer?

2 minutes ago, son123 said:

Congrats! Was your application status (on the ubc student service centre website) changed as soon as you got the offer?

Thanks! Um I didn't really check SSC right after I got the email, but it is different now lol. I guess they took up to one day to change SSC as long as they have received our final transcript?

8 minutes ago, alphasquared said:

I got my admission letter at 1:58 pm today. The ssc changed to a congratulations message but didn't prompt me to accept or decline anything so I'm concerned something went wrong with the ssc.

Congrats! When is the deadline to accept the offer?

Archived