Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa-Beautiful Home For Rent Near The General Hospital & O Train

NRE

I was accepted recently to McMaster's School of Medicine and will be moving close to their Niagara Regional Campus for 3 years. This is a listing for my home in Ottawa. I hope to rent it for the time my daughter and I are away. It might be perfect for incoming med students at Ottawa U. 

Beautiful and bright 3 bedroom townhouse for rent in Greenboro Ottawa. At the end of a row in a quiet and cozy cul-de-sac where children play basketball in the summer and slide down the snow removal mountain in the winter. A neighbour, on one side only, is an elderly “auntie” who knits socks for my little one and is very quiet. 

Hardwood floors throughout. Two bathrooms, recently renovated. Three spacious bedrooms with ample closet space. The master has a beautiful bay window that fills with purple blossoms when our crab-apple tree blooms in May. 

A cozy living room with a recently inspected and working gas fireplace. A spacious kitchen, recently renovated, has a dishwasher and extends to a bright dining area. 

A semi-finished basement has a washer and dryer and is great for storage or an artist’s workshop. I work out down there comfortably. A pantry/cold storage is shelved to hold supplies and your favourite bottles of wine. 

There are two lush and leafy trees in the front yard and our bird feeder is home to chickadees, a blue jay, and cardinals. A front porch is perfect for a morning cappuccino on a wrought-iron bistro set. A very big deck in the backyard is framed by a beautiful tree and full hedges for privacy. For summer lounging, the deck is fully equipped with a large patio set and working gas BBQ.

Room for 1 car in the garage and 2 in the driveway. A 5-minute walk away from OC Transpo route #98 (gets you downtown in about 35 minutes) and a 10-minute bus ride to the O-Train’s Greenboro station. Grocery stores, South Keys shopping centre (Walmart, Bulk Barn, Chapters etc) great restaurants, community recreation centres, bike paths, public library and beautiful parks are close by.

Rent is 1800 per month. Hydro, gas and internet are extra. 

This is a home that I cherish. My daughter and I will be absent from it for 3 years. We want to fill it with long-term tenants who love it as much as we do.

Archived