Premed 101 Forums

Family Medicine in BC vs. AB vs. SK.

RR00

What would you say are the pros and cons of working in each of the respective provinces as a GP: BC, AB and SK? How much do family docs in Alberta and Saskatchewan typically make? I've heard that Calgary is oversaturated with family physicians. How true is this? 

15 minutes ago, VigoVirgo said:

If you're a GP in Vancouver you can enjoy the extravagant lifestyle of 1 bedroom 1 bathroom 500square foot condos and a Toyota Corolla.

This describes my current life to a T :lol: hahaha. I literally also drive a Corrolla!

I am considering a move to AB or SK and want to make an informed decision. I unfortunately didn't do a whole lot of research before moving to BC and it hasn't been the greatest experience.  

1 minute ago, RR00 said:

This describes my current life to a T :lol: hahaha. I literally also drive a Corrolla!

I am considering a move to AB or SK and want to make an informed decision. I unfortunately didn't do a whole lot of research before moving to BC and it hasn't been the greatest experience.  

Haha, I mean, Toyota Corrolla's are pretty awesome though. Maybe if you went to Victoria things would be a bit better in terms of cost of living. But definitely if you want to live in Vancouver, say you clear 120k after taxes and all that, your money will not go far in terms of real estate. But on the upside it's beautiful.

2 hours ago, RR00 said:

What haven't you liked if you don't mind me asking?

28 minutes ago, blacktowel said:

What haven't you liked if you don't mind me asking?

Low income, lots of expenses, will never be able to afford a house without running myself ragged. I also thought I really liked rain but turns out I’m not a fan after all.

Archived