Premed 101 Forums

Those who previously applied and got interviews, did any Ontario schools contact verifiers?

Just realized I made a grievous error in one of my sketch descriptions. Specifically I made a mistake in my authorship description for a paper (accidentally said 1st author instead of 4th for a submitted paper lol). I'll tell my supervisor about the error in case schools decide to contact, but what are the odds they actually do?

Odds of them contacting at least one verifier? Pretty good.

I think they contact a random sample of verifiers for every applicant. If that specific entry happens to get randomly contacted, your description and what your supervisor confirms might show up as a huge red flag for the admissions committee. 1st and 4th are very different.

4 hours ago, KeyzerSoze said:

What? The odds are pretty damn bad of them contacting anyone at all, based on what I've heard.

Based on your posting history I assume you're more familiar with schools out West, which are guaranteed to contact at least one verifier. To the OP, while you made a mistake, what you did wasn't unethical as it wasn't intentional. I think you'll be fine.

My only connection to anything in the West is having been asked by one of those schools to verify an applicant's activity. I go to school in Ontario, and I was told when I was applying that the verification happens quite systematically.

Archived