Premed 101 Forums

can someone please help me.!?

I am a business student about to be done next semester. Prior to my business degree, I had chose a career as a pharmacist technician to pursue a pharmacist career but I didn't enjoy it and returned to school for business. First 2 years, did really poorly but now my last 2 years I have A's only. My only concern is that I have no science background to apply for dental school which I would love to do. It took me a long time to figure out exactly what I would like to do with my future. What should I do? 

I don't have money issues , I can go to Australia but they say for schools such as Griffith and James cook the cumulative gpa is counted and mine's not the greatest for the first 2 years as mentioned. 

Also, for dat if I ever had to take it, for someone who took chemistry and biology in high school which was 9 years ago... what do you recommend? any course... ? is it true that American dat is harder than Canadian? 

I excelled in chemistry and biology just didn't think that I would ever change my career choice!

can someone please guide me/... ? anyone that has gotten to an austalian school with a lower gpa ?

I also heard that those two specific schools in Australia don't require dat

Having no science background might be a little harder, given you have no prerequisites. But if the school doesn’t ask for them then surely they plan on teaching them.

if your gpa really is that bad, then I think the DAT is your best choice tbh. You can definitely pick up the material with ease if you spend enough time going over basic concepts (for 9 years, I think you’d a need good month of just review) and then moving up. The Canadian DAT in my opinion is a lot easier, since we don’t have to do organic chemistry nor quantitative reasoning. 

Archived