Premed 101 Forums

How applications are assessed/weighted

Hi there!

I'm looking into applying to Dal next cycle. I just applied to Mac and UofT and (no from mac, haven't heard from toronto but probably no too) and so I'm looking into Dal.

I'm wondering how their application is weighted. I know they do interviews in October for the top ~60 OOP and then you get a score, but how are MCAT/GPA/supplementary app assessed? is MCAT competitive or a cutoff? If you have ties to the maritimes is that good for your app? My last 2 years GPA will be about 3.92, and I got 515 on the MCAT. So my app would be greatly helped if other factors influenced it :)

I'm sure this information is up here/ on their site somewhere, but I don't have access to a laptop so I don't want to try to find it on my phone

Thanks in advance! Good luck to everyone this cycle!

1 hour ago, dreizehn said:

I saw the maritime connection essay on the Dal site when I was browsing, do you know about how GPA/MCAT are assessed? Is MCAT graded competitively?

The essay is used for interview invites, once you met the cutoffs for GPA, MCAT, Casper. 

For final assessment, GPA+MCAT (25%), Essay+CV (35%), and interview (40%) are assessed competitively. 5% is unknown factors lol.

Archived