Premed 101 Forums

What constitutes red flag during interview?

I thought my interview went overall pretty well, and really connected with the panel near the end of the interview. However, for one scenario, I don't think I said the CORRECT answer. I certainly explored both sides of the coin, but I chose an answer that is not correct. Is it the thought process that is more important than the actual answer? have been really upset over that one question over the past week and has really been bugging me. 

This most certainly depends on what you actually said. Obviously don't say it, but if it's overtly racist/discriminatory in some way sure that's a red flag. However, ethical dilemmas are dilemmas for a reason, both sides can be argued, and in that case it most definitely resides in the strength of your argument. Don't get hung up over it.

3 minutes ago, Monocyte said:

This most certainly depends on what you actually said. Obviously don't say it, but if it's overtly racist/discriminatory in some way sure that's a red flag. However, ethical dilemmas are dilemmas for a reason, both sides can be argued, and in that case it most definitely resides in the strength of your argument. Don't get hung up over it.

I can confirm no racist/discriminatory utterances were made. I also believe I was able to showecase my ethics throughout the interview. So yeah I guess you're right, maybe I have to chill lol

Red flags would be things such as: racism/discrimination (like has already been mentioned), anything that would cause tangible harm to another person, anything that isn't safe, anything that is above and beyond your scope/limitations, anything illegal (probably), not answering the question, not committing to an answer. Just some examples. 

12 hours ago, shakeshake said:

Red flags would be things such as: racism/discrimination (like has already been mentioned), anything that would cause tangible harm to another person, anything that isn't safe, anything that is above and beyond your scope/limitations, anything illegal (probably), not answering the question, not committing to an answer. Just some examples. 

edit: sorry, misread the question. I thought the topic was about being blacklisted, not red flags. Agreed with above

Archived