Premed 101 Forums

UBC Med Student offering affordable application coaching services within GTA or Metro Vancouver

Hi! I am a UBC med student and longtime poster on these boards on my main account.

I am looking for a small group of applicants to build a long term client coaching relationship with, either in person or through Skype for the upcoming year for application review, interviews, etc!

These following qualities will distinguish me from other coaches and professional application services;

1. Coming from a hard financial background myself, I understand the intense financial difficulties that applicants may face in seeking affordable help and the amount of uncertainty this process may bear. I will only charge my normal tutoring fee of just $40 per hour (regardless of Skype or real life).

2. I have 3 cycles worth of application experience- each with mixed results and gradually tuned my application from getting interviews from 0 schools to 75% of all schools I applied to.
I have interviewed at writing and EC heavy schools including Calgary (OOP) and UofT

3. I have an academic background in a non-science field that demands extremely strong written, oral communication and networking

4. I have had interviews applying both as a non-trad and traditional applicant. I can advise you on how to optimally market your experiences

5. I believe in transparency and accessibility. I will tell you anything you wish to know about my experiences, within limits of the confidentiality signed during interviews. Feel free to shoot me up with quick questions after we begin our sessions over social media, but anything that requires a large amount of time or personalized review will require a meeting.

6. I will read your materials within 1-2 days then talk with you about them and how to improve during meetings.

I am in Toronto for the summer and will be in Vancouver over the school year, so I am open to meeting students from both cities but I prefer meeting students in person whenever possible.

I am only looking to take up to 10 students at this time, on a first come first serve basis. Please private message me if you are interested with your name and basic contact information.