Premed 101 Forums

How many verifiers have been contacted?

I'm OOP and UBC has also contacted me a few times about some of my entries. However, as far as I'm aware none of my verfiers have been contacted. Last year by this time I had 4 verifiers contacted and ended up being rejected pre-interview. As much as it is hard not too, try not to stress too much about verifiers. Based on past threads, it does not seem to be a good indication of interview invite or not...

15 hours ago, aloeplant said:

What kind of things have they been asking? Is it because you didn't provide enough information in your application?

They asked me to change a few of my verifiers because they were Gmail accounts. They wanted to make sure I provide a professional email for them. They also asked me to clarify and give more info about one of my entries in my high performance area section. No idea what it all means. But I think at the very least it means I haven’t been outright rejected yet if they are asking all these questions haha

2 hours ago, RiderSx said:

They asked me to change a few of my verifiers because they were Gmail accounts. They wanted to make sure I provide a professional email for them. They also asked me to clarify and give more info about one of my entries in my high performance area section. No idea what it all means. But I think at the very least it means I haven’t been outright rejected yet if they are asking all these questions haha

Thanks for the clarification. I hope they don't do that for me, a few of my verifiers don't even have professional emails :'( 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Elliot54321 said:

I had a verifier called today, and a bunch of verifiers contacted by email in September. Anyone know if there is any reason for call vs email? Is this process completely random??

from my understanding, they typically call when if the verifier has not responded to their email or the email bounced back.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had zero of my verifiers get back to me, even though last year I heard from a few of them (but was rejected pre-interview). One of my friends also mentioned that some applicants were asked to provide "professional" emails (i.e. @vch.ca) instead of (@gmail.com) for some specific verifiers, but I haven't experienced that.