Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances as non-trad student

cc11

Hello,

So I'm currently in my 2nd year of undergrad at UdeM and I was wondering if I still have a shot at getting an interview. I completed my first undergrad in biochemistry with ~3,1 GPA (I know..), then I did one year in nursing it went terrible (I mean 2,9 GPA terrible...I KNOW), please don't judge me lol. I switched program again, here's a breakdown of my grades: Fall 18 (3,600 GPA), Winter 19 (3,692 GPA) and expecting on having 4,1 or 4,18 GPA for Fall 19. I also have (I think) pretty diversified ECs including: lab research, poster presentation, 1 paper publication in writing process, hospital volunteering, surgical observership, working in a PT clinic, nursing internship and volunteering at Breakfast club (lacking in leadership positions in my opinion).

Thank you in advance !

23 hours ago, cc11 said:

Hello,

So I'm currently in my 2nd year of undergrad at UdeM and I was wondering if I still have a shot at getting an interview. I completed my first undergrad in biochemistry with ~3,1 GPA (I know..), then I did one year in nursing it went terrible (I mean 2,9 GPA terrible...I KNOW), please don't judge me lol. I switched program again, here's a breakdown of my grades: Fall 18 (3,600 GPA), Winter 19 (3,692 GPA) and expecting on having 4,1 or 4,18 GPA for Fall 19. I also have (I think) pretty diversified ECs including: lab research, poster presentation, 1 paper publication in writing process, hospital volunteering, surgical observership, working in a PT clinic, nursing internship and volunteering at Breakfast club (lacking in leadership positions in my opinion).

Thank you in advance !

McGill will only look at your last completed bachelor (or as long as your are in the last year of the program), so don't worry about your old GPAs ;) You'll have to provide marks and transcripts, but you won't be evaluated on that. So your GPA will probably be competitve and you seem to have good ECs as well. Note that you DO HAVE leadership in those ECs: the research, the paper, and possibly the volunteering. When writting your ECs the most important is how you present them, so you don't need to be CEO to have shown some leadership. I'm sure you've been in charge of something at some point!

Good luck :)