Premed 101 Forums

BASIC LIFE SUPPORT

It is specified on their website that they don't accept online courses. I signed up for a class in april a few weeks ago, I've already paid and it was like 80$... but I'm pretty sure it will get cancelled due to covid19...

But a lot of people are in the same boat. They can't refuse all of us for that reason, it doesn't make any sense. I'll send them an email about that tomorrow and I'll keep you guys updated!

EDIT 28/03 : still no answer

14 hours ago, Mel96b said:

It is specified on their website that they don't accept online courses. I signed up for a class in april a few weeks ago, I've already paid and it was like 80$... but I'm pretty sure it will get cancelled due to covid19...

But a lot of people are in the same boat. They can't refuse all of us for that reason, it doesn't make any sense. I'll send them an email about that tomorrow and I'll keep you guys updated!

Thanks my guy!

Anyone know where to find the form we are supposed to sign and fill? Not on minerva for me.

1 hour ago, premedubc101 said:

Thanks my guy!

Anyone know where to find the form we are supposed to sign and fill? Not on minerva for me.

It's nowhere to be found yet, at least from what I know... I suppose they will send it to us be email when the immunization form will also be available.

From the website: "the immunization form will be posted here when the 2020 version has been approved by the nurses"

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/newstudents/conditions/immu-blsc

They just answered my email

Thank you for your email message. Note that the Admission committee will be convening to determine what the next steps are. Please upload to this checklist a document stating the fact that most classes are cancelled. The deadline remains the same, July 31st. The atmosphere we hope maybe will be changed by then. Stay informed.

"A document stating the fact that most classes are cancelled"?? Where the hell am I supposed to find that. Everything is cancelled, I can't believe I have to find a proof of that hahaha, geez. Just turn on the TV.

I don't think theres a form for basic life support training? I got lucky that mine didn't expire so I just uploaded the scanned certificate on minerva...I hope that's the correct way :(

I also think school will be understanding of the fact that many people won't get the opportunity to fulfill this requirement soon due to the circumstances! :)

On 4/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, DrNan said:

I don't think theres a form for basic life support training? I got lucky that mine didn't expire so I just uploaded the scanned certificate on minerva...I hope that's the correct way :(

I also think school will be understanding of the fact that many people won't get the opportunity to fulfill this requirement soon due to the circumstances! :)

Yeah it should be correct with the certificate. I really hope they will be comprehensive...

I also heard that CLSCs are cancelling appointments for vaccines... very nice...