Premed 101 Forums

Overall average for cegep

Hi,

I was wondering if an average of 85 % is great if You want To attend cegeps such as marianopolis in science .  I'm not satisfied because I know I could've worked harder especially in French. Also classes such as arts and physical education lowered my grade (I got 65% in arts,so  yeah this is bad).I still don't know which cegep to attend even though I am interested in Marianopolis college. From what I've  classes there are very challenging. Anyhow ,  I still have next year (secondary V) to higher my grade, but is it possible to enter mariano with an average of 85%?

However my overall average in maths and sciences is currently 90%. I'm not a genius or an intellect ,it takes  me a lot of time to understand some subjects. Still, I really look forward to enter medical school. I'm passionate about medicine ,but like I said I am not a genius , I do not have the higher grades ,which sucks because their are so many things that I want to accomplish. I  don't want to be held back because of my grades.

Your grades are definitely good enough to enter any cégep imo. Just keep them up in sec 5. As cotecc said, the hard part definitely is not getting into cégep, but getting into med school. Also, keep in mind that even if you do not get into Marianopolis (worst case scenario), it shouldn't affect your chances to get into med school; any cégep will do, really.