Premed 101 Forums

Accepted to McGill - Winter 2020 grades?

medreamer

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you know if I can use the PASS/FAIL option for my winter 2020 grades if I have already been accepted to McGill med/dent ?

Usually they want to see that you upheld your academic performance in the last semester as well.. so I'm not sure if this would be okay given the current circumstances?

Thank you! 

tbh man just email the admissions department, they'll give you a firm answer in writing. But I also don't think anyone really seriously looks at your grades post-acceptance, as long as you've got passing grades and a decent GPA (probs not necessary to have a 4.0). I got in after a gap year (so no pending grades) and pretty sure my acceptance was "conditional" too LOL

this is on the main page of the website

"2020-04-06: Information for S/U (pass/fail or credit/no credit) grade option Winter 2020 semester:
Thank you for your interest in McGill’s Faculty of Medicine. Universities and colleges around the world have offered their current students different grading and exceptional academic accommodation options in response to the unprecedented disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. We are aware that many prospective candidates for Medicine have questions about how these Winter 2020 courses will be considered by the Admissions office, in terms of grades, courseload, prerequisite courses or other elements of the application. The MDCM Admissions Committee will be meeting this spring to address how these files will be assessed. The underlying goal is to offer accommodations that do not disadvantage candidates regardless of whether you choose an S/U (pass/fail or credit/no credit) grade option, or if your institution has imposed a single grading option on all students. Once approved, detailed information will be published on our website: www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions"

while this is not explicit, I would bet on you being able to s/u. emails admissions and pls report back so we get a bit more info on the situation, thanks!