Premed 101 Forums

Moving to Halifax for Dal OT

Hey everyone, I know this question was already briefly brought up in the 2020 forum but I wanted to get some more insight. For those of you who don't already live in the Dalhousie U area, are you going to be moving to Halifax in September? I live a 3 hours away from Halifax and I'm not sure what to do.

I know that Dal is "predominantly" online for the fall but I'm not sure what that means for the OT program (will we be totally online or will we have some in - person classes?). I can't find any info about this on their website.

19 hours ago, Otmeal said:

Hey everyone, I know this question was already briefly brought up in the 2020 forum but I wanted to get some more insight. For those of you who don't already live in the Dalhousie U area, are you going to be moving to Halifax in September? I live a 3 hours away from Halifax and I'm not sure what to do.

I know that Dal is "predominantly" online for the fall but I'm not sure what that means for the OT program (will we be totally online or will we have some in - person classes?). I can't find any info about this on their website.

Hey, I live in Cape Breton which is about 4 hours from Halifax and I am still planning to move to Halifax for September. I haven’t heard any information about whether we will be 100% online or not but I think it will be good to secure a place to live early on instead of waiting until January when there might not be as many places available. I also think it will be nice to have some extra time to adjust to living in Halifax before in-person classes start. :)

3 hours ago, OT2Be said:

Hey, I live in Cape Breton which is about 4 hours from Halifax and I am still planning to move to Halifax for September. I haven’t heard any information about whether we will be 100% online or not but I think it will be good to secure a place to live early on instead of waiting until January when there might not be as many places available. I also think it will be nice to have some extra time to adjust to living in Halifax before in-person classes start. :)

Thanks for your response! That's good to know!

On 5/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, OT2Be said:

I am also in Cape Breton and also plan on moving to Halifax for September! :) From what I am hearing from landlords, a lot of students are bailing on their leases so I am thinking now seems like a good time to find an apartment close to campus 

Hey guys! I live about 30 minutes away from Dal so I’m not planning on moving out of home until January. And I’m only moving out then because it’s like 1.5 hours on a bus. But be super careful when you are looking for apartments because Ive heard a lot of student housing has bad bug problems and rats. Renting houses tends to be better but then you also have a lot of roommates. Just wanted to make you guys aware cause some places look super nice but it’s actually really bad.