Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa PT Waitlist

Hello,

Me and a friend are on the Uottawa waiting list for PT since May 29th. I was wondering if anyone was admitted after being on the waiting list. I am aware that some universities send more  admission offers than seats and maybe the program is already full/complete. Anyone heard back from them?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Senga777 said:

Hello,

Me and a friend are on the Uottawa waiting list for PT since May 29th. I was wondering if anyone was admitted after being on the waiting list. I am aware that some universities send more  admission offers than seats and maybe the program is already full/complete. Anyone heard back from them?

Thanks.

I know one person who got off the waitlist but me and a few others on the waitlist haven’t heard anything yet

9 minutes ago, PTPTPT said:

I know one person who got off the waitlist but me and a few others on the waitlist haven’t heard anything yet

Would you mind sharing the date when that person got off the waitlist? Also, was it a direct email or did their status change on Uozone or Orpas? Thanks, It's appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Senga777 said:

Would you mind sharing the date when that person got off the waitlist? Also, was it a direct email or did their status change on Uozone or Orpas? Thanks, It's appreciated.

Hey! I know someone who was given an offer on June 18th off of the waitlist. I imagine after acceptances became firm yesterday that you should hear in the next couple of days whether a spot has opened. Wishing you luck!!

Edit: I’m unsure where they found out about their offer, but I assume they would have received an email if it parallels most other schools.

Edited by kinptenthusiast
Adding info!

7 minutes ago, kinptenthusiast said:

Hey! I know someone who was given an offer on June 18th off of the waitlist. I imagine after acceptances became firm yesterday that you should hear in the next couple of days whether a spot has opened. Wishing you luck!!

I am happy for them! Must be such a relief because uottawa doesn't share any information or updates with us. Right now, I could be in this week or wait until August and not even make it. It's difficult planning anything... but it is what it is. 

Edit: Was it a direct email or did their status change on Uozone or Orpas?

Edited by Senga777

I am happy for them! Must be such a relief because uottawa doesn't share any information or updates with us. Right now, I could be in this week or wait until August and not even make it. It's difficult planning anything... but it is what it is. 

Edit: Was it a direct email or did their status change on Uozone or Orpas?

Hey again! So I didn’t ask them where they got their offer (email or uOzone) but I’d definitely continue to check uOzone to be safe. I got my first-round offer on uOzone, although I received an email that “your status has been updated” on uOzone that morning, so I’d probably check there first. (Although, I got the email and it was several hours later that my file had changed on uOzone... and also if their admin had it together, we’d get an email... but uO’s admin is far from perfect—I speak from 4 years experience haha)

My guess though is that you will hear likely soon, unless someone drops out of the program closer to the start date.

I applied to a second undergrad degree (and got in) and I was wondering if I would be removed from the waiting list of Ottawa-PT if I accept the undergrad degree now.

Thanks!

Is the undergrad at uOttawa? If not, then my guess is that the two programs wouldn't have any way of being linked/communicating with each other, so uOttawa couldn't take you off the waitlist. If the undergrad is at uOttawa, I still have doubts that they'd take you off the PT waitlist because they're very separate programs. Either way, I would check with uOttawa PT though :)

On 6/26/2020 at 3:30 PM, PTPTPT said:

Is the undergrad at uOttawa? If not, then my guess is that the two programs wouldn't have any way of being linked/communicating with each other, so uOttawa couldn't take you off the waitlist. If the undergrad is at uOttawa, I still have doubts that they'd take you off the PT waitlist because they're very separate programs. Either way, I would check with uOttawa PT though :)

Thank you. I will send them an email just to be sure.

9 minutes ago, Senga777 said:

Do would think that uOttawa PT is already full? I mean they probably got all students they needed from the waitlist since most provisional acceptance turned firm. Is it possible that there are still movement on the waitlist or that’s it? 

Based on other schools, my guess is yes and that there'll only be movement if someone drops. But again just a guess from me - I'm debating contacting them to ask (I'd post here if I hear back!)