Premed 101 Forums

Wait-list update...

Hi all,

I have been checking this forum out for a while although I have never posted. I was waitlisted for both U of T and Ottawa and I have been getting all of my information/rumors/speculation from this site. As such, I felt like I should let you know that I got the call from Ottawa tonight at 7:55pm. I was starting to lose hope but now I know it was all worth it!

Some info about me. Just defended my PhD (my defense was the day after my Ottawa interview and an hour before U of T). I have three first author papers, 5 conference posters, 3 talks, 2 papers under consideration, mutiple large awards (primarily from the Heart and Stroke Foundation), and a 3.75 GPA. My EC's include numerous sports, coaching kids sports, help line, and st johns ambulance. I thought my interview went really well and I really liked the three people who interviewed me.

I have lived in Toronto all my life and I have two degrees from U of T and I can't wait to get to Ottawa!

Good luck to all of you still waiting. The dream does come true.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also received a call from Ottawa on Tuesday night around 7:50pm. Totally caught me off guard as I expected any potential call would come during office hours. I will be moving from Toronto and got in through the graduate review policy. I am very excited and looking very forward to meeting you all in the fall!!!

Nice work Folks!!!

I hope I can be posting the same soon.

Goodwaitlisted on french side..fingers crossed!

I say a little prayer for you!

Forever, forever, you'll stay in my heart!

and I will love you! Forever, forever, we never will part!

Oh, how I'll love you! Together, together, that's how it must be!

To live without you! Would only be heartbreak for me!

I'm on the good waitlist too and I feel the same way. I'm just looking at it this way, until I see that "sorry we've filled the class" email, there's still a chance.

I had been filling my days with work and all kinds of physical activities, but I just pulled my quad really bad, so I guess it's back to reading and Xbox360 =P I still have GTA 4 to finish.

heh. It's my only choice.

I smoked the MCAT overall (14,7,12, R) but my 7 VS kinda torpedo's my chances anywhere else.

But even if i had a perfect MCAT, yes, Ottawa would be my 1st choice. I grew up there, and just finished a MSc. away from Ottawa. I would love to go back, be with family and my friends I grew up with all the while learning what I love.

What about you?

I've been hearing good things about Ottawa's program esp. its laptop component. So that's a pretty big draw for me. And getting to experience another big city is definitely a refreshing experience. My friend even turned down UT for Ottawa (for some of the above reasons I think).

As for a first choice, I don't think I have a first choice now haha. It's more like whichever school calls me first, I'll take. haha

I'm currently on the englishh-stream good-wailist for Ottawa, but I got acccepted to Dal yesterday. I'm taking the spot at Dal. If I do get a call from Ottawa, I will turn it down and pass it to the next waitlister.. hopefully medhopeful, if he or she hasn't been accepted already.. ha ha, good luck to everyone.

chill out man. 2 weeks ago they didn't call most people until tuesday. If we go through most of this week with no offers then ya I'd say the class is pretty much set.

Also, look at the other classes, only Mac and Queens has offered anyone today, and that was just 3 spots total from what I can see. There isn't much movement anywhere today. Just hold tight, and remember until you see that 'class is full' email, there's still hope.

Good wait-list, but how good is it? :) Thanks for reply, I feel much better.

I was wondering the same thing since it seems like there are a number of us on the good waitlist still who post on this site and probably many more who don't. In the past couple years I have heard that there were a few people from the bad waitlist who were eventually admitted, meaning the entire good waitlist was exhausted... Lets hope we didn't get an unlucky year.

Archived