Premed 101 Forums

Wait-list update...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up till today I've been fairly hopeful, and trying to let things run their course. But comparing to last years threads when things seemed to flow consistently from May 30 to the end of June (when the class full email was sent), I find it disconcerting how quiet these posts have been over the past wks - I was sure we would see something by today. Is EVERYONE just in stalemate? I try to trust in things not changing dramatically from one year to the next, but my positive thoughts are starting to become more pessimistic.

Anyway, just venting...

Up till today I've been fairly hopeful, and trying to let things run their course. But comparing to last years threads when things seemed to flow consistently from May 30 to the end of June (when the class full email was sent), I find it disconcerting how quiet these posts have been over the past wks - I was sure we would see something by today. Is EVERYONE just in stalemate? I try to trust in things not changing dramatically from one year to the next, but my positive thoughts are starting to become more pessimistic.

Anyway, just venting...

Hi, I was wondering where you got the info that "the class was full email was sent at the end of June". I had a "bad waitlisted" friend that was offered acceptance last year in August.

Hi, I was wondering where you got the info that "the class was full email was sent at the end of June". I had a "bad waitlisted" friend that was offered acceptance last year in August.

Someone on the waitlist last year posted on June 28, 2007 that he/she had received the email.

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21603&page=10&highlight=waitlist

Hi Guys.

I've been lurking around last couple of weeks. I'm on the good waitlist at Ottawa.

I was getting a little desperate and called the Admissions Office on Wed June 18.

Don't know who I talked to but she was really nice. I asked her if they were still making offers, she said YES. She also said that it was very slow because they had to wait for the replies from the people offered.

I also asked her if it was going to be like other years where they dived into the badlist. She said she couldn't tell me much (she couldn't tell me yes or no) (I got the impression that they hadn't done that in the last years?) But that all she could tell me is that they had called someone in September.

Talking to her gave me hope but still no offer :(

Good Luck everyone

Hi Guys.

I've been lurking around last couple of weeks. I'm on the good waitlist at Ottawa.

I was getting a little desperate and called the Admissions Office on Wed June 18.

Don't know who I talked to but she was really nice. I asked her if they were still making offers, she said YES. She also said that it was very slow because they had to wait for the replies from the people offered.

I also asked her if it was going to be like other years where they dived into the badlist. She said she couldn't tell me much (she couldn't tell me yes or no) (I got the impression that they hadn't done that in the last years?) But that all she could tell me is that they had called someone in September.

Talking to her gave me hope but still no offer :(

Good Luck everyone

Thanks for letting us know.

hi klavanica2

What number did you use to reach someone at admissions? Each time i've tried, i've been redirected to a voice mail. No chance of talking to a real person. How did you manage it?

Thanks

Hi bettychops.

I also got the voicemail once and I didn't dare to leave my name for a callback. On June 18 I called around 3pm-4:30 pm and I was surprised to get a real person on the phone. I would just keep trying like I did.

Admissions: 613-562-5409

It'd be nice if you contact them and see if they are still making offers this week.

Goodluck

Klava

They're making offers as soon as spots open up. At least that's what the lady I talked to last week said. It's nothing new, but last week (wednesday I think) they were still making calls. Obviously it's slowed because they only call as soon as they get confirmation of a spot opening.

I'm thinking of my plan b now and putting it in action. That said, until we get the 'class is full' email we're all still in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, now they are just being mean. The class must be full now, yet no notification. I have set my plan b into action, but having this lingering is not helping me move on.

Hey Easy

I called on Friday. They said they were still making offers and that the class was 98-99% full.

klava

Got the letter too.

Since there have been a few acceptances in the past closer to September after the class was full, I wonder if there were two letters sent out today like the original waitlist letters. Did anyone's letter say anything about the possibility of still getting called if a spot opens up or did it just say 'we are done, sayounara'?

thanks for asking the question easy that i was hoping someone would ask - i appreciate reality, but no use crushing hopes john. :) people do hear right into the first week of school, so why couldn't it happen? I heard a crazy story of mcgill a few years ago didn't have enough ppl on the waitlist (or they dropped off, or what have you) and they actually called in people they had rejected (like initial rejections!) for another interview in august. sucks to get this email, but i'm not giving up hope till sept 10th - no matter how delusional.

Archived