Premed 101 Forums

GPA to be in the top 5% (and top 10%) in Science faculty?

Hey guys, I'm just trying to gauge if I'm going to get a scholarship for students in the top 5% and top 10% in the Science faculty, and was wondering if anyone knew a ballpark of the averages needed? I know it changes every year, but a ball-park estimate would be very helpful! Thanks!

i got 3.88 one yr and i just missed out on scholarship given to top 2.5 percent… i was in arts tho… prob higher in sciences

Hey guys, I'm just trying to gauge if I'm going to get a scholarship for students in the top 5% and top 10% in the Science faculty, and was wondering if anyone knew a ballpark of the averages needed? I know it changes every year, but a ball-park estimate would be very helpful! Thanks!

I'm going to guess ~90%. I had a 85-86% the past few years and I didn't get anything from UBC. Just my guess though.

I had 97% and 94% in my last two years but never got the scholarship. I think there might be a minimum number of credits to get it...????

Google search!

EDIT: Just a question, how many people receive these awards? There are I'm guessing around 1500 to 2000 Science students per year, meaning 75 to 100 students?

I didn't know there were 100 students with over 90% avg in each year... wow

Trek Excellence Scholarship eligibility is evaluated based on grades and records from the previous year. Students must have registered in at least 27 percentage-graded credits and need to be continuing in the same faculty or school.

Notification starts in mid-July and continues into September.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived