Premed 101 Forums

Nonacademic Awards In "diversity Of Experience"?

The description of "Diversity of Experience" section is:

Active participation in events or activities leads to the accumulation of knowledge and skills. These experiences 

can be attained through, but are not limited to: travel, sports, cultural, music/theatre/arts, non-academic 

awards and scholarships. 

How should we list the hours and start/end date for the scholarships? And is it encouraged to include scholarships/awards we won for activities that we have already mentioned?

How should we list the hours and start/end date for the scholarships? And is it encouraged to include scholarships/awards we won for activities that we have already mentioned?

I was wondering this myself. I think the hours should be 0 if the award was listed for the hours you spent on another activity you listed (just mention it in the description or frequency of the activity). I don't see why we shouldn't put awards for other activities mentioned, unless we all start running out of slots to put our achievements.

As for start/end dates: I'm wondering this myself, and will read through the "Help Guide" again!

Archived