Premed 101 Forums

I compiled all the Canadian OT schools information into one chart. The one stickied on this forum is missing Quebec schools, so I did my best to add them in but as their webpages were in French, I struggled a bit and there may be some Google Translate errors.

Currently contains: school profile (website, phone number, location), minimum GPA to get in, Prereqs, Documents needed (LOR, personal statements, etc), volunteering requirements, class size, OOP notes, interview yes/no, and other small notes (when I could locate them) like application windows, length, and links to accepted prereqs. Then the ORPAS scale. And finally a sheet with the last two years admissions posts from this forum

I've created in Google Sheets and will include the link so that you may copy it to your own Google Drive and add anything you want. This is it as a simple web page, so that if you want to quickly look at it or don't like spreadsheets, this may be a little easier, but more ugly. 

Please use this resource freely, but do credit me if you're linking it on another website. It took me a lot of time going through school sites, the ORPAS documents, and this forum. Look this sheet before posting a "what are my chances" with this GPA thread because if you check through this stuff, you'll also see that I've attached the stats of previous applicants from this forum for the last two years that were decently filled out (i.e., GPA, applied, and accepted where possible). Also, this forum has a search function for a reason. Ctrl+F and Google are also awesome.

If I had more time/wasn't in the middle of essays right now, I would probably have added some stuff like tuition and personal thoughts on the program. Eventually I'm aiming to compile a thorough resource on applying to Canadian OT schools, including these charts but also stuff like FAQ, past student opinions on the schools, and differences between programs (hint: programs are very similar due to licensing standards). 

If you see any errors, or think something should be added, let me know and I'll do my best to update it. 

I compiled all the Canadian OT schools information into one chart. The one stickied on this forum is missing Quebec schools, so I did my best to add them in but as their webpages were in French, I struggled a bit and there may be some Google Translate errors.

Currently contains: school profile (website, phone number, location), minimum GPA to get in, Prereqs, Documents needed (LOR, personal statements, etc), volunteering requirements, class size, OOP notes, interview yes/no, and other small notes (when I could locate them) like application windows, length, and links to accepted prereqs. Then the ORPAS scale. And finally a sheet with the last two years admissions posts from this forum

I've created in Google Sheets and will include the link so that you may copy it to your own Google Drive and add anything you want. This is it as a simple web page, so that if you want to quickly look at it or don't like spreadsheets, this may be a little easier, but more ugly. 

Please use this resource freely, but do credit me if you're linking it on another website. It took me a lot of time going through school sites, the ORPAS documents, and this forum. Look this sheet before posting a "what are my chances" with this GPA thread because if you check through this stuff, you'll also see that I've attached the stats of previous applicants from this forum for the last two years that were decently filled out (i.e., GPA, applied, and accepted where possible). Also, this forum has a search function for a reason. Ctrl+F and Google are also awesome.

If I had more time/wasn't in the middle of essays right now, I would probably have added some stuff like tuition and personal thoughts on the program. Eventually I'm aiming to compile a thorough resource on applying to Canadian OT schools, including these charts but also stuff like FAQ, past student opinions on the schools, and differences between programs (hint: programs are very similar due to licensing standards). 

If you see any errors, or think something should be added, let me know and I'll do my best to update it. 

This is an awesome resource!! I just wanted to point out that Western does in fact require the 2 personal statements and Mac doesn't (since you get an interview based solely on your GPA).

Haha thanks, I did the same often too!

I've looked at all the sites a billion times, and some times just find myself rethinking "Why don't I apply to Dalhouise?" then checking the website again. When I check the site again, I always see the requirement for a full credit in physiology and remind myself that's why I won't apply there. My school has only a half credit, with no labs, physiology... and I won't be around school for another full year.

So, I set it up to highlight the reasons holding me back and thought it could help others!

Archived