Premed 101 Forums

Cooking In Clerkship (Or Other Busy Times!)

cookinginclerkship

Hey pm 101! I'm a third year canadian medical student and I started a blog this year to share mostly quick recipes with my friends that are great for the whole limited free time thing. I wanted to share it here in case anyone is interested. If you have any fast (and ideally healthy) recipes that you tend to favour during busy time periods, please share! :)

https://cookinginclerkship.wordpress.com/

What I like to do is bake a bunch of tofu and cut up a bunch of veggies, ginger, and garlic once a week, and store them in the fridge. Then, whenever I want I can have a fresh, single-serving stir fry ready in 5 minutes (I always keep rice in the fridge). It's cheap, quick, healthy, and tasty (flavour ideas: soy sauce, black bean, miso-based sauce, peanut sauce). It takes most of the time and work out of it, and, best of all: no gross stir-fry leftovers!

If I'm on call, or on a rotation with long hours...

For breakfast, I'll cheat and do a meal replacement smoothie (like vega all in one smoothie).

For lunch, usually veggies/rice thins and hummus.

And for dinner I usually bring leftovers from the day before, usually a curry and a head of romaine lettuce.

If I'm super busy, and am running behind and don't have time to sit and eat lunch or breakfast, I'll do another meal replacement smoothie for lunch.

I like to snack on fruit too, like dates, grapes, bananas. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey pm 101! I'm a third year canadian medical student and I started a blog this year to share mostly quick recipes with my friends that are great for the whole limited free time thing. I wanted to share it here in case anyone is interested. If you have any fast (and ideally healthy) recipes that you tend to favour during busy time periods, please share! :)

https://cookinginclerkship.wordpress.com/

ha, nice I will check it out.

Archived