Premed 101 Forums

Applicants 2018 intake

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I figured I would actually make an account so I can join the action. I applied this yr as well, first time, and OOP... Really not sure what to expect, considering the stats. Feel I am strong, but I guess time will tell! Good luck everyone :)

Oh yay, more repliers unite! So, story...it was literally 3 am the night before applications were due and I was going through to finalize one last time, and I came across the post secondary education tab! I had no idea we were to input our transcripts manually! Anyways, I had my first day of work the next day, a 12 hour shift with 2 hours of sleep, made for a REALLY good sleep the night after! I'm an OOP applicant from rural NS, first time applying to medical school! NOSM is the only school I applied to, so all eggs in one basket. Good luck everyone, and I am so excited for mid January- early February  to see where it will take us! 

On 10/5/2017 at 7:47 PM, medicalschooldreamer said:

Oh yay, more repliers unite! So, story...it was literally 3 am the night before applications were due and I was going through to finalize one last time, and I came across the post secondary education tab! I had no idea we were to input our transcripts manually! Anyways, I had my first day of work the next day, a 12 hour shift with 2 hours of sleep, made for a REALLY good sleep the night after! I'm an OOP applicant from rural NS, first time applying to medical school! NOSM is the only school I applied to, so all eggs in one basket. Good luck everyone, and I am so excited for mid January- early February  to see where it will take us! 

I knew we had to put in our grades manually, but ended up waiting until the night before. 2 Hours of sleep before my shift as well.. I feel you. let's hope this is all worth it... :P

What do you guys think NOSM looks for in the essays? I applied as Francophone applicant, but I am from an urban city. Just going over my answers and hoping I touched on every aspect of myself. If you have some experience with how they score the essays/what they look for, it would be much appreciated. 

Also the invites/rejections to interview come out in Feb? 

1 hour ago, Dreaming_to_be_a_doc said:

Hey dreamteam22

Im not too sure about what they expect for the answers. I did think that we needed more characters though maybe it is just me :)

The invites go in Jan I believe 

Take care 

I agree with you on that- would have benefited from the extra space for sure! 

20 hours ago, PreMed_Rain said:

The invites should go out in January! I got my invite last year January 23rd

Hi PreMed_Rain! 

I see you're an RN and from the maritimes, and you got an interview last year! Wow that gives me so much hope for this year because I'm in the same boat. Ahhhh Mid Jan-early Feb, I really hope it brings good news! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived