Premed 101 Forums

Applicants 2018 intake

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I did not receive an invite... also heartbroken. Just for stat purposes, I have a GPA of 3.83, and have 13 years medical experience as an advance care paramedic. I am OOP, but grew up and lived in very rural Northern BC for 21 yrs, with further experience working in fly-in communities, rural EMS services, and currently work with at-risk and vulnerable populations in a major city in Alberta. I honestly thought I would have a shot at an interview, but having lived in a major city OOP for as long as I have probably had a huge part to play in my rejection.  Congrats to all those who were offered an interview, and for those who received a rejection, I feel your pain, but don't forget that just getting to this point is an achievement in itself. This is not the end; keep working towards your dreams!

Donut

Hi guys, I just received my interview invite! Some stats:

I was born and raised in a small town in Northern Ontario. I am currently in my 4th year getting my BSc and I have an average GPA of 3.97 for my first three years. I received a research scholarship for the summer of 2017 and worked in a lab at my university. My research resulted in a publication (2nd author) and poster presentations. I also volunteer regularly at my local Alzheimer's society. 

Archived