Premed 101 Forums

Full-Time Course Load Question: Help!

SA95

Hi everyone! My question is a little bit tricky but please bear with me!

I have completed my undergraduate degree this past May 2017. I am choosing to take additional undergraduate level courses through Athabasca in order to improve both my cumulative GPA and weighted GPA for Queen's. However, I understand that for Queen's wGPA requirement, they look at your 2 most recent years of study in which you completed a full-time course load, which is defined by them to be a minimum of 3 courses each semester between the months of September - April (the academic year). My final year of undergraduate study will not be considered a full-time course load as I had to complete clinical placements, therefore, I strategized to take these additional courses (6 altogether) between the months of September 207 - April 2018 in order to satisfy Queen's "full-time course load" requirement. I emailed Queen's directly and they confirmed that this would be fine.

However..

I was unable to enrol in the courses that I initially intended on starting in the beginning of September right on time due to various reasons. I ended up enrolling for 3 courses which I am now set to begin in December, rather than September (which I initially hoped to do). I have also enrolled in an additional 3 courses on top of that, which I am set to start in the beginning of January. Due to the flexibility of these courses that I enrolled in, I would still finish all 6 by the end of the academic year (April 2018). Therefore, technically, I would still have completed the minimum number of courses to be considered full-time in Queen's eyes within the academic year. 

My question is: Is this assumption correct? Despite the late start, because I would still be completing the minimum number of courses within the Academic year, to be considered for their weighted GPA. Please let me know if this assumption is a correct one to make! 

Thanks everyone! Good luck.

Archived