Premed 101 Forums

Online physiology

BIOM 2000 at Guelph is “baby physiology” as we called it - not very in-depth, and not suitable for health professional programs.  For example, in the dietetics program, we had to take BIOM 3200 which was much more in-depth and covered two semesters’ worth of material.

If you only need a surface understanding of physiology, then BIOM 2000 at Guelph is a good course - the people I knew in the Adult Development or Child, Youth & Family programs (who just needed a basic understanding of physiology, not an in-depth one), found the course quite fair.  Lots of memorization, of course, but that will be the case with any physiology course.  If you need a more in-depth understanding of physiology, BIOM 3200 is the way to go at Guelph - just be prepared for a lot of work, as it’s a two-semester course compressed into one semester.  Oh, and you need to have a biochemistry credit to take it (none needed for BIOM 2000, so that tells you one of the differences between them right now).  It was a very fair course when I took it, though (BIOM 3200) - I ended up with an A+ in the course.

Archived