Premed 101 Forums

Who is kosmo?

Guest goku

Hello

I think I read something about this topic earlier but I just want to send it to get any new feedback.. When does the school usually let applicants know about results? Do they wait until Jun 30th. Also, how about OOP applicants, will they get an email (whether good or bad) before the actual letter?

I am checking my email almost once an hour throughout the day!!! :P

Thanks

Guest saskmedman

I can tell you that the comittee met last Friday, the 13th and letters probably were sent out yesterday (the 16th) Unless something has changed, they do not send you an email so don't bother checking it every hour, unless you get tons of spam like me. Also, who is Kosmo?!?! I think I would be a much better moderator. Just kidding "Kosmo"

Guest kosmo14

OOP did recieve emails last year, I know that for an absolute fact. In province residents don't get emails. I imagine some people will hear today.

Saskmedman if you are in med school then step up and volunteer to help moderate. Send Ian an email.

Guest saskmedman

I'm sorry Kosmo, I did not realize that OOP received emails. I was just joking about being a better moderator, you do a fantastic job. I don't know how you manage to respond to everyone's questions. It would, however, be cool to be a moderator as well, if I wouldn't be in the way that is. Would it be useful to have another moderator? If that's the case, I would definitely like to assist you in your efforts.

Guest kosmo14

I would love to have someone else moderate with us, especially someone with an extra year of knowledge. There are sometimes things I can't answer that a third year would probably be able to, especially when it comes to JURSI (clerkship).

Guest princejr13

Hey all,

A trustworthy source informed me that letters will be sent out tomorrow (friday, june 20), therefore the in-provincers should recieve the good news by monday. I imagine the OOP's must have recieved an e-mail from the med office by now.

On another note, moderating sounds like fun, so I'm gonna sign up too ... kosmo, I'm in your class by the way and I know who you are .... 8o

Guest saskmedman

I've been asking every first year I run into, I have no idea who kosmo is. Now I have to guess who princejr is too! Argh!!!!

Kosmo, how do I sign up?

Guest princejr13

Well Kosmo I know that before medicine you did a three year micro/biochem major ... there are only so many people in our class who went that route. So once I figure out who you are I'll send you an e-mail ... is that cool? I'm gonna keep you to your word .... if I uncover your identity in three tries or less, then you owe me $20.

This is fun .... ;)

Guest saskmedman

Hey Kosmo,

I know who princejr13 is, so if you don't and want to know, perhaps I can exchange a little "info" with you. Just tell me who you are!!!!!

Guest kosmo14

I have been able to figure out who princejr (insomniac) is, so I decline the offer, but I will let you guys know once princejr has had a chance to win the $20.

Guest saskmedman

I just thought I'd use my new powers to change this thread's name, since it has gone a completely different direction. Also Kosmo, if it's ok with you (since you have the seniority here) I'd like to delete some threads that are no longer relevant. Would that be ok with you? Good to be working with you by the way, lets make this forum rock!

Guest Insomniac01

Hey Kosmo, I sent you an e-mail at the address you've posted on EZboard under your name. So now I've used one chance to uncover your identity .... will I need more ?

Guest Ian Wong
Also Kosmo, if it's ok with you (since you have the seniority here) I'd like to delete some threads that are no longer relevant. Would that be ok with you?
Just on that note, please leave those threads up. It's nice to be able to look back retrospectively to see how things were done in the past; the admissions process is ever evolving and hopefully by recruiting new moderators annually we will keep pace with their changes. :)

Ian

Guest doctorbones

Kosmo, I too have been trying to figure out who you are ALL year. I know who all the other regulars on the siite are except you. I've even gone so far as to pick up on clues, like your degree type and the fact that you were away last summer when waiting for letters. I cross-referenced your e-mail with the class list and no luck there either. And you never did write me back! One of these days Kosmo!

P.S. I know you know who I am!

Guest saskmedman

Hey Kosmo, must feel nice having the thread "Who is Kosmo?" become a hot topic. Also, I didn't realize doctorbones is in first year too. Now I have to figure out who that is as well. This sucks.

Rod

Guest kosmo14

I guess if thats what it takes to make life around here interesting than so be it. Check out the moderators med talk section and I'll post my bio tomorrow then you will know I am.

Guest saskmedman

Hey "Kosmo"

Thanks for relieving my suspense. Good to know who all the moderators are. This forum seems to have died in the past few weeks. Now that people are in do they think they don't need our advice anymore? What do you guys think we should do to liven things up a bit? Maybe start a few contests such as a quiz or something? I think that might be fun and generate some posts. Let's be the number one school for posts!

Rod

Archived