Premed 101 Forums

letters are out....

Guest nonce

Guest nonce

Letters are out ppl's.......

They changed things around alot this year.....which is good.....they actually gave you the interview scores....sweet....i got a 21/24....i hope this is good enough.....

Kosmo, or any other moderator, i was wondering if you could find out how many in province applicants failed/passed the interview......

Guest Folken Strategos

I got my letter today as well........barely passed.....finally. Anyway, I'm just curious to see what the academic score ranges are. I hope you were right about someone getting in with an academic score of 84 nonce. ;)

Guest nonce

if you are talking about the actual academic 2 year avg....then, yes, ppl have definately made it in with an 84 average...last year the lowest average admitted was an 81.....

Guest Folken Strategos

no, I meant academic score = 84 (0.24 X interview mark + 0.76 X academic mark).

I knew it was possible to get an 80 average and still make it to med, but if that same person had a 24/24 on the interview, then his/her academic score would be 85. So really, those ranges don't tell us much because we don't know which interview mark goes with what academic mark.

Guest justanotherpremed

got mine today. 17 out of 24. i thought it was weird how they dealt with "some conditional acceptances have been sent out". why dont they just say in the letter whether or not we have been chosen for a conditional acceptance. :smokin :hat

Guest devon

22/24 - and very happy with it =). I was expecting a low pass.

I'll just have to wait and see if that's good enough to offset my 84-85 2-year average.

Devon

Guest kosmo14

Not sure about the number of people passing the interview, but I can try to find out. Good luck to all, its nice to see that they are giving out interview scores.

Guest RageoftheDragon

So have a few people already gotten the offers for early admission along with their interview scores? The note on that was quite obscure.

RotD

I personally have not got any kind of letter yet, but when I spoke to admissions last week, I was told that OOP applicants would get both the interview score as well as a letter of acceptance/waitlist/rejection in the same envelope. I believe this only applies to OOP. These were all to be mailed on Monday, as well as in province invterview scores.

Guest ioncannon97

Hey guys,

Got my letter yesterday. I was fortunate enough to get 23/24 and was offerred early admission. But I have to let them know by April 19th. The thing is, I'm waiting to hear from some Ontario schools (which would be my first choice and which I won't know about till early June), and they want a non-refundable $200 deposit right now. Isn't that kind of unfair? If I get into my school of choice in Ontario, I will likely go there, so am I not just being asked to potentially wasting $200? I think I will walk over to meds and have a chat with admissions. Congrats to everyone else that passed the interview!

Guest Lactic Folly

Hi ioncannon,

Congrats on your acceptance. The non-refundable deposit requirement seems to be standard at all the medical schools I've heard about.. if you want to hold on to the spot, you have to pay. It is unfortunate that you might end losing some money, but since notification dates aren't uniform across schools, it's just another part of this (already expensive) process. In any case, I hear that the deposit for UWO is $1000 (and worse for overseas schools)!

Guest nonce

Hi ioncannon,

If you dont mind me asking, what was your 2 year GPA? Im in the middle of the number crunching game, and just want to see where i stand. I got a 21 on the interview, and have a 2 year GPA of around 86.....however, after this year, if finals dont go horribly bad, im hoping that my 2 year GPA will be around an 88....just wondering roughly what your GPA was.....if you dont mind divulging this info

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there ioncannon97,

Nice work on your acceptance! Deciding between acceptances is a luxurious problem to have. Well done. ;)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest kosmo14

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the following based on previous years. Please don't take this as fact as it is my opinion, and I am solely basing it on past years. There was a few more applicants this year, but not that significant.

Here it goes:

If you got lets say the average on the interview which in the past few years has been 19 or 20 and you have >84% average I would probably be pretty happy now as the likelihood of getting in is very high. Remember that in saying this I am not an official spokeperson for admissions here at the UofS.

Hope this makes some people a little less anxious. BTW that 97% is not the norm. and therefore don't be too intimidated by it. I do have to say it is pretty impressive though.

Guest Spicy Aam

Hi,

Congrats to all who were successful in passing their interviews. I just had a question regarding the U of S's MCAT reqs. Is this the first admissions cycle where the new rules for MCAT apply (8's and N, with one 7 or M)? Or did it apply to the year before (those who applied for entrance in the fall of 2003)?

Any idea how many OOP's interviewees there are this year? Any idea of the proportion that passed the interview?

Thanks,

Spicy

Archived